Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not one usually to moan about suppliers, but I thought I would about this one.

Short story - avoid using them. They also trade under bestpartstore.co.uk, autodoc.co.uk

Longer story. I was after a couple of rear shocks and they came up with a 18% discounted price of about £72 each so I ordered.

24 hrs later I get an email not confirming dispatch but saying they don't have stock and offered an alternative for £96 each so could I confirm and they'd arrange for the extra payment to be collected. Check their website, and there's the alternative shockers discounted by 17% to £76 ea. I go back and say they're selling them discounted so I expect the original £72 ea as a goodwill gesture or they can cancel the order.

24 hrs later they say I can have them for £78 ea so could I confirm and they'd arrange for the extra payment to be collected. I reply back cancelling the order since they clearly haven't understood the previous email.

24 hrs later they reply saying they're still waiting for confirmation. I reply back cancelling the order.

24 hrs later I get a message, from my spam filter. To ensure I placed the order, could I send them a photo of my credit card and passport with various features covered. NFW!

Late that evening I get a phonecall from them asking for "enhanced details". Again, NFW am I doing that.

Later that evening I contact Barclaycard to warn them of dispute and once more email them cancelling the order in no uncertain terms.

24 hrs later I get an email saying the order is cancelled.

24 hrs later I get an email asking me to review their customer service.

So, a bit of digging and those sites are fronts to a company in Germany. All quite legit. The discounted prices they show on their website(s) are euro converted at spot rates, hence the fluctuating discount.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.