Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Long story short I disconnected my battery and closed the boot lid I've just gone to open it and the key doesn't work is there any way I can come t some jump leads to the alternator so I can open using the button or any other way of getting in there

Help I'm stuck at work on a nice sunny day!!!!

Steve

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeh under the bonnet passenger side there are 2 fuse boxes there is a cable that connects them to each other and goes to the rear of the car i took the little plastic cover off the cable where it joins the fuse box connected a battery charger/booster found a good earth and bobs your uncle i doubt this situation will ever crop up again but if it does there you go

the other thing is i now have a engine warning light on in amber with no text on the readout dont know if it was to do with having the air-con fluid changed or me disconnecting the battery any thoughts?

·
Registered
899 Posts
Errm, you had the key and could get into the front of the car so, why didn't you just use the dash button to open the boot? If that isn't working, you should check the wiring attached to the right side boot hinge.

The amber light can have many causes, have you code a code reader?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.