Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,

New member here ... mostly because I am looking at changing my XF for an XK :)

Must be nuts as my work commute is 150 miles but .. just ... can't ... resist ...

Found a really nice example of a 2010MY XK 5.0 with under 5k miles. Are there any issues with these not being driven?

Any comments greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I,ve just sold my 2009 5L XK with just over 3000miles on it and the only problem that I had was keeping the battery charged. A couple of times it went almost completely flat. Also I had the brake fluid changed at two years which it probably didn't need.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Back from hols - only had a few hours to check the car before going off.

Just did a full body check and found corrosion on the rear roof edge where it meets the tail gate. Off to chat to a local dealer about a warranty repair.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Some slight corrosion but excellent Service

Back from hols - only had a few hours to check the car before going off.

Just did a full body check and found corrosion on the rear roof edge where it meets the tail gate. Off to chat to a local dealer about a warranty repair.

On my 4 year old XK Convertible I found some corrosion on the rear quarters where the roof trim meets the main body and also around the rear boot trim.
Spoke to my local dealers (Colliers of Tamworth) emailed them some photos and two days later I got a call from City Centre Car Care Ltd in Birmingham.
Arranged collection of my car, gave me complimentary courtesy car, and two weeks later I got my car back as new, waxed and valeted. They did all the
paperwork with Jaguar leaving me with nothing to do. Overall Excellent service from Dealer, Repairer and Jaguar.
Only downside was the courtesy car was a Peugot 207 so I could only go out in the dark with a bag over my head in case I was recognised!

:D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Stunning - 150 miles commute? I'd love every mile :)
Aside from the petrol bill .. I am indeed. Over the XF, I think it is costing about £20 a week or so more; I can get 2.5 trips out of the tank rather than 3 with the XF. Not too shabby and definitely more smiles per mile.

The most interesting thing has been pottering at a much more respectable speed rather than the bit-too-fast-really approach I had in the XF. I suspect the car just makes you feel more relaxed oddly.

It is also a nice feeling to know that the tw*t in the BMW/Audi rep mobile that wizzed by has no chance if you really wanted to :p

·
Registered
308 Posts
Great photography!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.