Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks

Been a while since posted, because my X-type has been running really sweet. 2005 Sport Premium saloon 2.2d.

However, in recent months there has been a noticable vibration in the car. Comes through as a slight steering wobble (especialy when accelerating or braking hard) or just when sitting 65-70 ish MPH. Also feels like coming up through the seat, like the whole car rumbling.

Now, I've has wheels balanced so many times. I've even got a set of brand new alloys 4-5 months ago.
I've had all the balancing, alignment and all that set by a local garage who sponsor and work on a local amateur rally car so they know how to set a car up.

Just wondering if there's any clues or this rings a bell with anyone, before I go back and start spending shed loads of deeper investigations.

Thank you.

· Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Sounds very much like the front driveshaft inner cv joints to me.

Roger

· Registered
67 Posts
Hi folks

Been a while since posted, because my X-type has been running really sweet. 2005 Sport Premium saloon 2.2d.

However, in recent months there has been a noticable vibration in the car. Comes through as a slight steering wobble (especialy when accelerating or braking hard) or just when sitting 65-70 ish MPH. Also feels like coming up through the seat, like the whole car rumbling.

Now, I've has wheels balanced so many times. I've even got a set of brand new alloys 4-5 months ago.
I've had all the balancing, alignment and all that set by a local garage who sponsor and work on a local amateur rally car so they know how to set a car up.

Just wondering if there's any clues or this rings a bell with anyone, before I go back and start spending shed loads of deeper investigations.

Thank you.
You probably will have to change both front drive shafts.

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmmm. Thanks.
Thats first thing I'll get checked, cheers.......

· Registered
432 Posts
Tyre pressures? Wheels balanced?

· Registered
1,993 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.