Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 X-Type diesel estate and I can't find the Vin plate that is riveted on the chassis. Can anyone tell me definitively where it is on this model and better still, send an image? We have looked in all the usual places but can't locate it? thanks, Tony

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
Hi Tony.

The VIN number on my x type is at the bottom of the windscreen on the passenger side, you can read it by looking through the windscreen down at the wiper blade.

If you have a left-hand drive it will be on the Drivers side.

Regards Tom.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
and also stamped into the boot floor.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
When I imported my S type into the Republic from the North of Ireland I had to show the Vin number (the one in the bottom L.H. of the windscreen wasn't acceptable for some reason!) Finally found the vin engraved on the Boot floor near the battery.

I see your asking about an X type maybe it's the same.

Hope this helps....................................IP

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Try near the battery as per the picture:

·
Registered
3,034 Posts

·
Registered
4,382 Posts

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
He has an x type estate, I must have missed my other battery in the boot!!

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Yes, that does look like a picture of the boot. The website says X-Type but I suppose they've got it confused with the S-Type.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Irish Pappy's post does state the VIN in the boot is next to the battery, in his S type! so yes some times sites use generic pictures to illustrate a point.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Mine is stamped into the boot floor (saloon) in the same area as it would be on an S type.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Irish Pappy's post does state the VIN in the boot is next to the battery, in his S type! so yes some times sites use generic pictures to illustrate a point.
But it does say this as well:

• Riveted to the bulkhead of the engine compartment near to the vehicle battery.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.