Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK - so fitted cdc but voice doesn't recognise it. Only thing it will do is change track as that is a generic command for single cd as well and not a specific 'Changer' command. It wont change disc etc.

When I say 'Voice Help' it doesn't mention the Changer so not recognising it.

Is it a dealer program job or is there something I can do to activate it ?

Anyone managed to do this ?

Thanks

· Registered
237 Posts
I suspect it is the software in the module. I retrofitted a voice module and it was able to control the CD Changer, but not the standalone CD unit up front. As you have mentioned it would change the track number on the standalone unit, if that was already the active sound source.

Voice help on mine mentioned the Minidisc player, so (since I like the format) I managed to hunt down a minidisc unit and fit it to the car. The Voice module is able to fully control the Minidisc player. I imagine the voice unit came out of a minidisc equipped car.

So, Just guessing, but I suspect it needs to be told what it has, whether that is a simple reprogram with the right tool or a complete software flash with a different image I don't know...

· Registered
377 Posts
HI
You have to add the module with jaguar IDS/SDD
sometimes there plug and play, if the car it came off have all the same modules like cdc and voice
when you add the new module, it tells every other module that its there so all the features work
cheers
Joe

· Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The car was fitted with voice as original equipment but not the CDC - so I added the CDC and its not recognised.

Guess I will need to speak a dealer and see what the options are - bottom line its not super important but just a nice to have.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.