Voltex

Kacy22

Reaction score
Why do you allow adverts for Voltex to run when enquiries state this to be a scam with grossly over stated claims.
#1 Trick To Cut Electric Bill

Ad A secret way to cut electric bills takes the United Kingdom by storm.

Voltex

As an engineer I also can see no technical rationale that would support the claims made that plugging a small device into a socket or sockets could reduce your consumption so drastically . The advert suggests that an electricity bill of £251 could be reduced to £15 - really?? This is not worthy of the Jaguar site and very misleading to anyone with no technical understanding of electricity.

MarkFY

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Why do you allow adverts for Voltex to run when enquiries state this to be a scam with grossly over stated claims.

As an engineer I also can see no technical rationale that would support the claims made that plugging a small device into a socket or sockets could reduce your consumption so drastically . The advert suggests that an electricity bill of £251 could be reduced to £15 - really?? This is not worthy of the Jaguar site and very misleading to anyone with no technical understanding of electricity.
Because the site has no direct control over specific adverts. Rory doesn't hand-pick the ads, they are supplied by various providers in real-time on a page by page basis.

Thankfully, most Jaguar owners will realise the claims made in such an advert are indeed misleading. That's why we're Jaguar drivers. We is clever! :)

Kacy22

Reaction score
So do you not have any rules or mechanisms that would prevent or lead to blocking of unethical, dangerous , or dishonest advertising material? Surely such would be contrary to your normal rules for members posts.

MarkFY

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
So do you not have any rules or mechanisms that would prevent or lead to blocking of unethical, dangerous , or dishonest advertising material? Surely such would be contrary to your normal rules for members posts.
Those ads are EVERYWHERE not just here. Take it up with the site owners if you are really that bothered by it. The ad in question - and well done for re-posting the links to it - is provided by Google Ad Services. Perhaps report it to them, as they are the ones that have allowed this ad to be displayed on websites all over the World.

For the rest of us, we don't see ANY adverts.

Last edited:

NM_OLD

Reaction score
They're not posted by members, as already stated they are everywhere (including the web sites of national newspapers) and just a fact of life

JimboV8

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
They're not posted by members, as already stated they are everywhere (including the web sites of national newspapers) and just a fact of life
May be he’s bought one and realised he’s just been ripped off. :ROFLMAO:

Neilr

Super Moderator
Staff member
I Have Donated !
Reaction score
I have forwarded your question but my expectation is that the forum cannot choose the adverts that are displayed. Let's wait and see if there is anything we can do.

Ian D

Administrator
Staff member
I Have Donated !
Reaction score
#1 Trick To Cut Electric Bill

Ad A secret way to cut electric bills takes the United Kingdom by storm.

Voltex

Google Ad services run the adverts on this forum and so doesn’t have a say in what’s shown. If you don’t like what you see, you can select the X in the right hand corner of the advert and report it to Google, this will then no longer be displayed on your device.