Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my 2.0d has been hesitating before cranking over last few weeks. It also sometimes resets the dash display and activated all central locking during crank.
So today it tried to crank but wouldn't turn the engine over at all, again all central locking clicked and dash reset. After half dozen attempts it span up freely and started.
Battery seems OK.. Could it be the starter sticking and dragging battery current down or perhaps ecu issue or?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Battery or starter or maybe even battery leads first to check. I'd initially guess positive or neg lead. Feel if there hot.

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
If you could update your signature via the link below and tick the Show Signature box we would know what year your vehicle is.

If your battery is the original and over 8 years old then I would suspect that as these cars do not like dodgy batteries. In my case it was the windscreen wipers that used to come on when switching the ignition on even though they were not switched on.
Get your battery checked before looking elsewhere.

Roger

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
As above, battery.

They do some weird stuff when the battery is on the way out. I've had it where only one headlight (HID) comes on, the washers work without the wipers, the dash board becomes possessed.

WTF?

Change your battery.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Put the battery on charge last night so was showing 13.2v in the morning. Started with no hesitation or wackiness from dash or central locking.
So clearly it was all related to Halloween!

😀

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Put the battery on charge last night so was showing 13.2v in the morning. Started with no hesitation or wackiness from dash or central locking.
So clearly it was all related to Halloween!

You have not updated your signature Nor advised which vehicle you have or how old the battery is.
However after connecting the battery to the vehicle the voltage should show about 12.7v for a fully charged one.
Roger

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.