Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Hope you find the fix and get her sorted for much cheapness LG then decide from there.

Seems like you may stick with the brand after all, maybe an XJ X350 / 358 would be a good call.
Or......There are some high mileage, but very good examples of XJ X351's out there. I know of one for example that will be going shortly, albeit at high mileage, but with a ton of money spent on her and well looked after, for not a lot of money.

Cheers
Jim
I've seen a couple of stunning X358's going, one was £17k, 4.2Ltr 75k miles, the other two in the £11k to £13k range. No idea if they are taking the proverbial or if that is a fair price range for those cars?

·
Registered
615 Posts
I think I rolled 4 ones.

I've seen some right crackers while I've been looking but some are silly prices like you've mentioned. To be honest even though I do like the old shape, and not adverse to the new one. If I was going to spend 17 grand on a car wouldn't be almost 18 years old that's for sure, I'd get a newer shape one. They might have lowish mileage but still are old cars.

18 grand gets you a 16 plate 3.0D Portfolio with 97k on the clock, 16 grand gets you a stunning 55 plate Super V8 with 68k on the clock, but like you say, 16k for a 18 year old car is too much.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I think it depends on how far into the future you want to look and what you intend to do with the car doesn't it? The Super V8 will be a true classic one day, the 3 litre diesel won't. Try and get an average 50yr old E-Type for 18k never mind a stunning one. .
Good point. I suppose, thinking about it, I'd plump for the Super V8, as it should hold its value, although with the push for electric, I wonder if there will be any demand for petrol cars in the future? I do hope so, as I'm yet to be convinced EV's are the correct solution.

I much prefer the looks of the X358, its why I love my X Type, as it looks like a "proper" Jag, the later models could be anything. The XE to me could easily wear a Ford badge and I saw an F Pace in a car park today and I thought it was a Ford Kuga at first.

If I do change my X, I will be looking at an X358 around a 58/09 plate, as I'm quite happy to own a car of that age.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts