Jaguar Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Do you mean small as in physical size? The battery should pretty much fill the box. I forget who it was now but one of our members on here opened his X-Type's battery box after it started to act up and was astonished to find that the battery was nearly half the size that it should've been - someone had just whacked in a battery out of a hot hatch or something. What was more surprising was that the car had been starting fine with that battery for months until it eventually started to give up the unequal struggle.
Exactly that, Thing looked like it came out of a fiesta. Half the box size. Looked up a jag battery and it's the size ( actually the same one) as in my LT46. Asked the garage to put me the propper jag one on, then do the tests again, yeah I know it's (possibly) wasted few quid but if bic gets going I'll leave it on, If not It goes on my van which I'm also selling and the semi duff one on the van goes on the car spares or repair.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Exactly that, Thing looked like it came out of a fiesta. Half the box size. Looked up a jag battery and it's the size ( actually the same one) as in my LT46. Asked the garage to put me the propper jag one on, then do the tests again, yeah I know it's (possibly) wasted few quid but if bic gets going I'll leave it on, If not It goes on my van which I'm also selling and the semi duff one on the van goes on the car spares or repair.
The battery I got for mine is the RAC004 Car Battery Type 110/115 12V 85Ah. Home Fitting was free as I am an RAC Member and the technician checked the electrical system as well while he was on. Came with a lifetime guarantee.

OEM for that battery is Varta and I think they have an identical spec battery in their range, don't have the model number to hand at the moment.

·
Premium Member
XF S 3.0D V6 18MY Italian Racing Red
7,004 Posts
A bit late but here's some X-Type battery info, for future reference... :)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Yep, dimensionally should be around 315 x 175 x 175mm. Around 75-80 AH and CCA of 750 to 800.

Reactions: Little George

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
A bit late but here's some X-Type battery info, for future reference... :)

Actually was usefull. I keep my radio code in my wallet, didn't know about resetting the windows.
Yep, dimensionally should be around 315 x 175 x 175mm. Around 75-80 AH and CCA of 750 to 800.
Nope, no where near that size, this is the one that was on there. Wrong battery Odd thing the guy before me who spent 2 grand on the car having it all done at Jag, can't see him skimping on a battery. Think that must have went the same place as the new tyres he had put on.

And no news from the garage yet, mates going into town later I'll get him to see where in the line of shame it is again.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Made a call to the garage to see if there's progress with its post mortem for our curiosity. Owned it for 6 months Friday week, and it's now spent 2 days short of 6 weeks in the garage. A call you in 10 minutes is now 6 hours late. So, taking it as not good news. Past caring about it now to be honest. It's a scraper anyway I knew it when the lights came on. But I will post what they said it was, eventually.
Spent the day looking for an old shape XJ sovereign found 2 possible candidates and a S type that's got a practically clean sheet on its MOT records.
I will get another jag. Looking like the wrong side of the new year now though. Won't be an X, once bitten and all that, unless there's a BMW 520 that I can get for buttons or an audi that looks nice.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Said I'll keep things updated for curiosity. Well I phoned then again this morning. Battery been done, no codes showing, "cannot replicate the fault" apparently it won't cut out. It's been out and about doing the rounds in town. Told them to hang on to it for a few days and drive it about some more. If I'm sure it's OK I'll sell it on.
Saw a nice XJ sovereign as I said before in blue but lucky wife likes the colour. Put in for the finance. We'll see what happens. If I get a knockback. I'll end up stuck with the red X so I'm hoping it's properly fixed and was just a battery.
I'll let ya's know when I do. But looking like the battery votes have won the game.

Reactions: JohnW and PetA

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Well wasn't just the battery. It broke on them, found out today. Apparently, there's some chafing in the loom. Rage clouds started so things began to merge into bla bla bla and splicing was agreed on. No way am I having the thing rewired, I'm really beginning to dislike that car and feeling decidedly ripped off buying it. Which is really unfortunate as I got a credit knockback, no idea why. Which means I'm stuck with it.
mmm.. so the game continues?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts