Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well turns out my jag doesnt like the rain, i have every warning light on the dash come on, engine management, restricted performance, gearbox fault, abs and dsc fault, even the coolant low light came on, Now do i need to clear the codes with the pc, or will they clear when it dries out

·
Premium Member
23,827 Posts
More a sign of a completely duff battery than anything else.

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
no its not the battery, its not very old, the water was about 2 feet deep
That's not rain that's a river. Did the water get into your boot and flood the fuse box. If so you will just have to dry everything, check all fuses too.

Roger

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
exactly, haha, i dont know, its dark and chucking it down, road closed all over here, i got detoured down a lane that was as flooded as the main road, that when the faults came up, i got to be in work at 7 am so it will still be dark, i might take my laptop with me and look when i get home

·
Premium Member
23,827 Posts
Did the water get inside, at that height you will also need to check and dry under the seats.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
yeah more likely alternator shorting to ground.

The dash messages should clear by themselves unless a fault remains.

TT

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Have you got am elm327 then you will be able to reset it.

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Have you not invested in one of these

It is the perfect answer

yeah but some awkward git keeps parking outside my house, when i can get my laptop into the car i will do it

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I have seen some rain down those parts , this was a few years ago in Beaumaris.

My bungalow in coast road Rhyl flooded as well as St Asaph , A55 was like a 3 foot deep river in places too.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well the water issue has manifested itself. i have gained another leak from the thermostat housing, looks like the gasket has gone, will a leak stopper fix this or do i need to strip it out and sort it.
Time is short and light is bad, and the weather is against me

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
I am with O4str on this one, not recommended for these engines.

Roger

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well i didnt see this before i put it in, but its worked, shes holding water now and running well again, now i just have to replace anti freeze, before this arctic winter hits.
sorry i had to do something, i need to get to work and she was using more water than i could put in

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.