Water Ingress Into Passenger Footwell

Kevin Gee

Reaction score
Water Ingress Into Passenger Footwell in a 2009 Jaguar XKR Portfolio, with only 18K original miles. Need help folks on this one. I have read a lot of threads, but no one really came up with a solid fix. Are Jaguar XKR owners still having issues? It is so sad about this situation, for a beautiful car with great lines, to have such a bad rap. I really want to get this fixed. Please help me. Thank you for your assistance in this important matter.

Fisjon

Reaction score
Hi Kevin, this may or may not help.
I have an S-type and it was constantly filling up with water.
Remove the door card/panel. Take a close look at the rubberised/plastic covers that fit over the access holes in the door. If there is any break in the seal water will get through and trickle down the door and will get sucked in by the carpet.
Two of my doors had poor seals so I just got the silicone sealant out and make a good seal all the way around the covers.
Problem solved, the car is now dry as a bone!

JimboV8

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Water Ingress Into Passenger Footwell in a 2009 Jaguar XKR Portfolio, with only 18K original miles. Need help folks on this one. I have read a lot of threads, but no one really came up with a solid fix. Are Jaguar XKR owners still having issues? It is so sad about this situation, for a beautiful car with great lines, to have such a bad rap. I really want to get this fixed. Please help me. Thank you for your assistance in this important matter.
Welcome to the forum Kevin.
You are undoubtedly suffering from the “duck bill” issue on the end of the a/c condensate drain tube. This blocks up leading to condensate slopping into the passenger footwell. Google it and you will get a plethora of info including some home DIY fixes. The Jaguar fix is to remove the dash to fit a £2 piece of rubber.

Kevin Gee

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Kevin.
You are undoubtedly suffering from the “duck bill” issue on the end of the a/c condensate drain tube. This blocks up leading to condensate slopping into the passenger footwell. Google it and you will get a plethora of info including some home DIY fixes. The Jaguar fix is to remove the dash to fit a £2 piece of rubber.
Thanks Jim for the welcome. I see you have definitely owned quite a few Jags, and would love to see a picture of your current 2012 with all of those packages. Personally, this is my fifth Jag, which by the way, is the most I have owned from one manufacturer. The very first one was a 1994 Jaguar XJS 12-cylinder convertible with very low miles......really loved it and never had any problems. The others were XJ6 and XJ8 Vanden Plas; only one was a problem child. Now, I have this one, which ended up paying $800 to have the dashboard pulled, and repair the A/C drainage tube. I was also trying to get the shrunken leather dash repaired, while it was out of the vehicle, but to no avail. The leather supposedly had shrunk too much to repair; that was very disappointing, to say the least. So, now I will purchase a sunscreen and dash cover, to help prevent any more shrinkage. The car really drives nice, and am really hoping there will be no more problems that will pop up, at least for another two years or so, fingers crossed and nightly prayers. All I have to do now, is refinish the wheels, and deep detail with ceramic coating. Again, thank you for your response.

Kevin Gee

Reaction score
Hi Kevin, this may or may not help.
I have an S-type and it was constantly filling up with water.
Remove the door card/panel. Take a close look at the rubberised/plastic covers that fit over the access holes in the door. If there is any break in the seal water will get through and trickle down the door and will get sucked in by the carpet.
Two of my doors had poor seals so I just got the silicone sealant out and make a good seal all the way around the covers.
Problem solved, the car is now dry as a bone!
Thanks Fisjon for your response. Unfortunately, the leak was not around the door, but was directly under and behind the glove box. It had cost me $800 to pull the dash and repair the duckbill hose.

JimboV8

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
On the subject of leather, feed it regularly and you may get some moisture back into it.