Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, new to this forum and new to owning a jaguar.
i was given a x type 3.0 se and having heater trouble, the amount of air coming through the vents is very weak. I've taken the blower motor out for inspection and all seems ok ( spins freely and quietly ).
ive been told it could be the blower resistor? Any ideas?.
Thanks in advance :confused::confused:

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.
Please update your signature via the link below and tick the Show Signature box so we know which year etc your vehicle is.

Roger

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
There are two systems, Manual and Auto. The manual uses a separate 6 speed resister pack operated by the Air con control module. In my experience if the resister packs up the motor would be on full blast.
I am thinking you have the auto system where the speed is controlled by the Air Conditioning Control Module in conjuction with a
sense wire.
Do you have any control over the speed of the motor.
I know it sounds odd but how old is your battery as this could have an effect on the operation.

Roger

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
The resistor just reduces the currant to the motor making it run on the slower speeds. Can you hear the motor speed increase when you turn the speed up?
Could be a stuck flap or bad motor which move the flaps if the motor seems to increase or decrease speed.

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Hi , you say you have removed the motor and it turns freely. Have you had any codes read yet. The Air Con Control module could be at fault.
You could try a hard reset. Disconnect the battery and touch the leads together for a couple of minutes and then reconnect which will reset all modules. Make sure you have your radio code handy.

Roger

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no i havent had it plugged in for faults yet, by the ac control module do you mean the actual unit in the car?.
i can change temp and direction of air, just not the power of air. ive also changed the pollen filter and checked coolant ect.
bit off topic but since having a new battery fitted the eml has popped up, ive been told its down to the battery being changed?.

tom

·
Premium Member
23,827 Posts
Not all new batteries are fully charged when sold Tom, maybe worth a full overnight charge off the car first. As Roger says, make sure you have the radio code also.
You really should also see if there is any logged fault codes as you could end up spending on things you don’t need to.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hi jimbo, ill put the battery on charge tonight. there is a list of faults on the vehicle which i need to go through, mostly cosmetic or little niggly jobs.
thought id start with the heating first though haha. saying that, i cant complain after getting the car for free! :-D as for the radio code i just touched three buttons in sequence
for it too unlock, cant remeber which though.

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Youn can download the wiring diagram from here http://www.jagrepair.com/JaguarXTypeElectricalOBDIIcodes.htm Go to figure 06.2 and you will get an idea of the connections.
The Control module is the control panel unless you have the touch screen where it is attached to the panel. The dials vary the earth to increase and decrease the fan speed and does not use a resistor pack like the manual system.

Roger

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
another question roger, this might sound daft but when the ac is on should the ac fan be running constant?.
mine runs for around 10 seconds then cuts out over and over ect.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
another question roger, this might sound daft but when the ac is on should the ac fan be running constant?.
mine runs for around 10 seconds then cuts out over and over ect.
The climate-control system, when switched to Auto, will turn the aircon on and off as required to keep the air dry and at the required temperature. In this weather it might not be activated much.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
The system is designed to be run on Auto all the time ideally. Of course the temperature setting is up to the driver.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Another point. In Auto if you increase the temp to HI or decrease it to LO the fan should automatically come on at full blast - does that happen?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.