Wear on drivers seat piping.

peterdpps

Reaction score
My XF portfolio is just twelve months old and done less than 8000 Miles.

It has a light I interior and the piping has worn over about a 100mm area.
Has anyone else had this and have they had it sorted by the main dealer.

It happens that my car is at the dealers for a recall next week so I shall be pushing them to sort it under warranty.

Regards

Peter

Chrisspencer

Reaction score
Mine... I had wear in a couple of places, probably no more than 10mm each and like yours on the piping. 10months and 6000miles when it was noticed.
I mentioned this when the car was in for other work... CD jumping/skipping and freezing.

They sent a report to JLR and about 4 weeks later they had the authorisation to replace both seat covers, they used a company called Trimline to carry out the swap,
the fit was probably not quite as good as the original on the passenger front corner ( nearest the door) ... but then I'm a fussy git!

Hope you can get it sorted, look on the F-Pace forums too...seems to be a problem with Windsor Light Oyster.

So far looks to be ok...but will it be back in another 6000 miles?

Chris

silversport

Reaction score
I have no personal experience of the new model but as a Jaguar customer of some 30 yrs or so I would say that this is not good enough. At one time Jaguar was famed for the special look, feel and quality of the interiors of their cars. As seems to be the norm these days, the quality of car interiors is falling and on a so called prestige brand it is . in my opinion. unacceptable. My own car is a 2011 model XF S which has covered just under 50,000 mls and there very little wear to speak of throughout the interior, in fact it looks like new. With this in mind I would say that you should certainly have a claim.

BCJAG

Reaction score
What kind of leather seating do you have in your XF? I have Taurus perforated leather(light oyster) in mine. I have 14K miles. No sign of wear. Easy to clean too which I recommend. Ie use Autoglym leather shampoo if you like. Keeps leather soft. Shouldn't be any wear showing so soon. Let me know. tksn
Al
Mine is 2016 XF AWD Prestige loaded. Ammonite grey metallic and light oyster leather

peterdpps

Reaction score
Mine is light oyster perforated Windsor interior. No wear at all on the leather it is just the piping which has worn. Going in to dealer today so will ask them for comment.

peterdpps

Reaction score
Dealer has taken photos to submit to Jaguar to get a replacement cover from their suppliers.
Watch this space.

Ian D

Administrator
Staff member
I Have Donated !
Reaction score
There’s a technical bulletin now on this issue with portfolio oyster leather wear on bolster. Quote JTB00591 to your dealer.

Chrisspencer

Reaction score
Mine like Peters is light oyster perforated Windsor leather and just the piping had worn.
Seat covers changed by TrimLine at the dealers... but makes you wonder if they have just changed them for more of the same stock and will this just re-appear, or have they sorted the issue correctly?
Time will tell I suppose.