Welcome to our overseas members

Grandpa Bill

Reaction score
New Member, need input about Jaguar Certified Pre Owned warranty... Thanks...

Hi All. Grandpa Bill here in Austin, Texas...grew up in New Orleans, but left after Hurricane Katrina. I am looking at purchasing a Jaguar XK, so I joined this forum to get educated on the good and the bad items with the model. I want a convertible only. Trying to find out what is the main concern with owning this model, so I'll be looking for any post about repairs, cost of ownership etc... I'm thinking of getting a Certified Pre Owned model from a dealer, thus getting the 7 year 100,000 mile warranty, for what its worth. thanks Grandpa Bill, Austin, Tx

Jslade57

Reaction score
Hey all. Frank. Just joined today. Purchased 97 xj6 L 24 hrs ago. 158k mi.
Reside in US.

Pete M

Reaction score
Hi there, Pete M here from Oxford, Canterbury, South Island, New Zealand. I've got a 1984 Jaguar Vanden Plas H.E. which is like a Daimler Double Six badged as a Jaguar. That was because it was originally sold to the Sultanate of Oman, where Daimler-Benz have the rights to the Daimler name, so it had to be a Jaguar. I've had it since 1993.
I've also recently bought a 2008 XJ8L Sovereign that is ex-Japan since 2016. It has the supercharged engine and most of the good options such as 4-zone aircon, premium stereo, high performance brakes and front and rear parking sensors. It has 20" Callisto wheels and is in Midnight, with Barley/Mocha interior.