Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just heard that London Mayor Sadiq Khan is moaning that London will not get any of the proposed Clean air fund given by the Budget..
He already gets a massive amount from the congestion charge and the new T Charge. Between 2003 and 2013 the charge has raked in £2.6b of which only £1.2b has been invested in London Transport and superstructure. He has £1.4b locked away somewhere. What is he complaining about.:-?
I think it is right that the fund should go to cities where it will do some good.

Roger

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
London gets enough money as it is, they just refuse to spend it where it matters to those who live in London, unless it provides a return.
I see no improvement to roads in Redbridge but I see parking wardens up and down the road every single day issue tickets, where does that money go?
Where would money for clean air go when they still use busses that kick out more soot than a coal miners fart.

·
Registered
22,331 Posts
As I've always said this is theft by local government together with bonuses for "cost savings" which result in reduction of services to the people, while robbing the same gullible people.

I would bet that money has gone into salaries and more bonuses.

There is a proverb somewhere that says "those who don't call out get buried alive".

Tough! I and others are the pathetic voices of reason in the wilderness.

I'm looking forward to my first KEO in a long time, at the weekend, you lot go sort out Khan by next Friday so you can celebrate too. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.