1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Nice but can't see any mileage/ history. 9.5k at auction looks toppy

·
Banned
7,619 Posts
Its a Glasgow Car originally , and then I suspect used for weddings , price wise its probably not far from its value ,
not quite sure what the wheels are , I still think the Bristol Car is head and shoulders above it and with a better
MOT History also . I always worry about cars like these being used as part of commercial ventures , its a business
and profit must exceed expenditure which often doesn't bode well for any ageing vehicles , more often than not
the attitude is " we are getting rid , leave it to the next owner . "

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mileage was 83k, I wouldn’t hsve said it was a toppy price for Daimler Super 8? Looks very similar to a car that Jag West London sold previously with 72k miles?
Some suspension advisories on the MOT last month.Lovely looking car and spec though.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I do like the styling of it. Would have expected a slightly better price at auction if this is what a private sale is going to achieve. Despite the supposed rarity there are no less than 10 of these on auto trader plus jag west London etc. Prices just aren't realistic with so few buyers in the market.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
David, it’s a Daimler Super 8 rather than a Jaguar, so even rarer ?
Was probably £9800 plus fees etc, so if a dealer has bought it after prepping and any
Suspension works etc it wouldn’t surprise me if we see them changing their arm in the late teens.
The last one Robert Hughes had with 50k miles sold at 20k ish two years ago

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
The price seems very reasonable, a Daimler version is worth a fair bit more than a lowly Jaguar.

Anyone seen the XJR Portfolio? That looks lovely too.

·
Banned
7,619 Posts
I do like the styling of it. Would have expected a slightly better price at auction if this is what a private sale is going to achieve. Despite the supposed rarity there are no less than 10 of these on auto trader plus jag west London etc. Prices just aren't realistic with so few buyers in the market.
I agree with you David , prices aren't realistic and that is why JagWestLondon and Tasker and Lacey have stock sitting stagnant on the forecourt week after week
and month after month . As regards a Dealer buying the Daimler , I see it around £12.5k max , these Dealers are simply trying to take advantage of Low Interest
Rates and people trying to earn some interest on their capital . I believe I can confidently say that if any member were to walk onto a forecourt seeking to PX a
similar SuperV8 or Daimler , they would be offered £6K to £7.5K max . Interested to hear Richs and indeed any other SuperV8 owners thoughts on this

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree with you David , prices aren't realistic and that is why JagWestLondon and Tasker and Lacey have stock sitting stagnant on the forecourt week after week
and month after month . As regards a Dealer buying the Daimler , I see it around £12.5k max , these Dealers are simply trying to take advantage of Low Interest
Rates and people trying to earn some interest on their capital . I believe I can confidently say that if any member were to walk onto a forecourt seeking to PX a
similar SuperV8 or Daimler , they would be offered £6K to £7.5K max . Interested to hear Richs and indeed any other SuperV8 owners thoughts on this
If they've paid (£9800 plus auction fees, then prepping with possible suspension work, a warranty. wriggle room etc I'd guess it's going to be a lot more than 12.5 grand if it appears.I'm not saying that it should be however.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Has a Dealer bought it ? Perhaps its been bought by an enthusiast ? It may even show up on here at some stage ,
lets hope so .
At the prices being asked by some of these Dealers any Investment Value simply dissipates
But good news if you already have one. Dealers having consistently strong prices ensures that enthusiast's private sales go for decent money; which of course incentivises owners to look after theirs even more ensuring that there will always be some nice ones to look at.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
My thoughts exactly, X350s in general are too cheap compared to competition.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I sold my 05 XJ6 yesterday for exactly what I paid for it (which wasn't much). I only had it a few months, put 3K miles on it and spent absolutely zip on it (as I didn't need to). I've just bought a new heat pump tumble dryer which was 1/3 of the price that I sold the XJ6 for - how does that work? Especially as there is no walnut and leather in the tumble dryer!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I agree getting a nice super v8 or daimler for 12k looking at what else you can get for that money would still be a bargain. fact is you can get one for much less than this. Its a strange market and in the end driving and enjoying these cars is what its about. A few k here or there is nothing compared to the rare experience of enjoying a beautiful, distinctive, classically styled, luxuriously appointed, wonderful to drive, interest arousing 60k when new car.

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
Have to say I missed the Daimler and got waylaid by the RS Cosworth on 23.5k.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.