Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,218 Posts
Hello all,

I have a 1968 Triumph 2000 which has a 2.5 litre injection engine fitted, 4 speed manul and overdrive.
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

Many other modifications and up dates.

I'm working on my MK 2 Jagaur, engine part reassembled at the moment , aiming to get it back on the road this year.

Alec

· Registered
2,218 Posts
Hello Bob,

I know governments have their range as that is the only way it can be administerd.
My personal, view having driven 'Classics' since they were current as being older cars with no electronics, which I guess is up to around the mid seventies?. Cars after that gradually did improve but as time passed became less and less distintive. Rember, if you are old enough, to tell what car it was by the sound without seeing it?

The vintage era as coined and as administered by The Vintage Sports Car Club is about 1913 to 1931. Vintage didn't mean old (e.g. a 1928 car would be considered vintage in 1931 by the VSCC) when the VSCC was formed and the rationale was that cars of post 1930, 31 were not as well made or considered as worthy, with the exception of post vintage thoroughbreds, i.e some cars of. the top end makes. The classic 'they don't make them like they used to'.

Alec

· Registered
2,218 Posts
Hello Alucan,

then ther is the confusion of overhead inlet, side exhaust. Was It Riley made some engines that way or possibly Rover?

Alec

· Registered
2,218 Posts
Hello RWD3M,

funnily I have been thinking of a vintage car to work on once I finish my Jaguar.
However my cursory looks at vintgae cars for sale , even the very mundane are not cheap? Where or what have you seen for sale?

Alec

· Registered
2,218 Posts
Hello Ducmon,

thanks for that, but they are not 'Vintage' by the definition I gave earlier, I.e. pre 1931.

Alec

· Registered
2,218 Posts
Hello Richard,

my definition of vintage is what the vscc clasify as vintage, as in an earlier post of mine, i.e. 1913 to 1931.
I don't have anything particular in mind but would prefer something a bit more interesting than a Morris 8 type of car.
I intend joining the vscc when I start looking seriously but cursory E Bay viewing it seemed all that were offered were higher than I expected. That said, very few in need of restoration.

Alec

1 - 6 of 6 Posts