Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Premium Member
2007 X350 Sovereign 2.7 diesel
Reactions: ducmon

Premium Member
Sorry, but Henry is not a source that I would rely on. Plenty of info on Harley Sites.
For example harley-davidsonforums

As for the WLA, I have always wondered how HD managed to get a v-twin the wrong way round 馃槣 (Guzzi owner....)

VFR800 - nice, but Honda also made the mistake of dropping the Pan (v across the frame). Spose that they are relying on the revamped Gold Wing - again nice, but expensive and losing some of the original Gold Wing appeal. I must be getting old.

PS - found a photo of HD's 180 degree v-twin across the frame - nice!
View attachment 60698

The WLA was far more successful.
I wasn't recommending Mr Cole as a source of any information , just thought the OP might like to watch his program.
As for the 180 degree V-twin I assume you were saying that very much tongue-in-cheek!

Premium Member
Don't take my Honda comments seriously either. I was once the proud owner of a GL110 Gold Wing - my wife's all-time favourite. In the end the bike's weight set me on the Guzzi path.
I decided to get my Aspencade back on the road at the end of last summer but the sheer physical exertion of trying to push it in and out of the garage scuppered that. My eldest son came round and just wheeled it and out almost like a pushbike!!. He's pencilled in to help me once the better weather arrives but I'm pretty sure I'll end up selling it once it's back on the road, if I happened to park it up even slightly downhill I doubt I could paddle it backwards. Shame they didn't fit a reverse gear earlier! don't think I'll ever sell the VFR but I do fancy something light and small to have instead of the Gold Wing. An old Ducati single would be lovely but far too rare and expensive these days.

Premium Member
You may be overlooking how physically small they are: even the "big" 450. Super-nimble bikes though. Of course I am assuming that all bikers are 6ft 3in like me, but the mini-duke may suit you. What we both need is a "barn-find".
I'm just under 6' and remember riding a desmo 250 my friend had in the 70's and yes it was very small. I'm more likely to end up with something like this
1987 Honda XBR500 H 499cc for sale for 拢2,477 in Godstone, Surrey (autotrader.co.uk)

Premium Member
If you have a few spare pennies hidden under the bed mattress.
Then you could consider buying this car from JLR classic.

I am sure that we could set up a crowdfunding page and I offer to look after it.

:p馃馃樄
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I think this is rather ugly.

Premium Member
Motorcycles now consist of a small collection of 6 Nortons, a 1958 Model 99 600cc Dominator, a 1956 Model 19S 600cc single with Watsonian side car, 1973 and 1974 Commandos, both 850's,

My introduction to motorcycles was via a ride on the back of a Norton Commando 750 (I think was 1969 IIRC). It belonged to my pal's uncle and he took me a couple of miles up the road to a chip shop and back. The noise and acceleration frightened the life out of me on the way there (I was12 years old). No helmet and just a denim jacket and no grab rail. I got the chips and then had to hold on to them on the way back while gripping his uncle's leather jacket for dear life. I was still shaking ten minutes after getting off much to everyone's amusement. I've never forgotten it :)

Reactions: orsom weels

Premium Member
1 - 7 of 7 Posts