What if the limiter were removed?

john69

Reaction score
STR - 400bhp limited top speed 155 mph. No one in their right mind would attemp to go faster (well, not me!).
However, i wonder what speed would potentially be possible without limitation. Has this ever been tried? Did Jaguar ever test this back in the day?
Just a thought 😎

payno

Reaction score
I have had 160 out of mine and its not had the limiter messed with rumor has it that some of Jags limiter software is ineffective :eek:

Robinus

Reaction score
I'm sure I recall Jaguar calculated that it might hit 193 mph. All this would be with a long enough road, which I'm sure includes no wind of any kind & being able to keep the front & rear ends on the ground.

MrKis

Reaction score
I can confirm that mine didn't bother about being limited to 155, it romped right through that.
I did read that the limiter is a soft one that reduces power rather than cutting it at 155 and also I don't believe it applies in 5th gear anyway.

Henry_B

Reaction score
I've had 157mph GPS on mine, not sure if it is limited or not, being my 3.0 has a slightly different MAP and the limiter moved up so i can lock in 5th which helps with the top end.

That was on a section of the A9 near Munich ;)

Got from there to Lepzig in short time! :ROFLMAO:

cruising in silence happily at 135 :love:

wouldn't mind a go in the STR ;)

Henry_B

Reaction score
We will do a swap for the night you can have my STR and i will have your latest girlfriend 😘
Don't forget to return my car full to the brim cause that's how im going to return your girlfriend 🤣
Cheeky bugger!

We could have a deal, 😎

so long as the MRS comes with the STR 😅

Panthro

Reaction score
I've been told on good authority that the STR is drag-limited to around 175-180mph, but getting those last 15-20mph out of it takes a lot of road (Autobahn run). The trick was to have it in Sport + 5th gear