Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I said in my introduction post that I'd probably have a few dumb questions and this is the first.

Can anybody tell me what behaviour I should expect from the button on the steering wheel with the phone and the head symbol on? From reading the manual I expected it to be used to at least control the phone and also (hopefully) the voice controls, however when I press it all it seems to do is mute the sound system. My phone is connected and I can view my phone book and dial out through the screen and expected this button to behave like the same button in the XJ I had and the XF which I had as a courtesy car.
So some questions:-

Am I expecting too much?
Do I need to set something up or turn something on for this to work?
Do I have a problem?
Is the voice command system only available as an option?

Thanks in advance.

Oh, mine is a 2010 (pre face-lift) Premium Luxury car.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I have Jaguar Voice on mine and this button is used to activate it and get it 'do stuff'. I also use it answer the phone and to end the call.

On my S Type I had the same button but no Jaguar Voice or Bluetooth so all i used it for was to mute the radio.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Jaguar Voice is an option on Premium Luxury. Button is on steering wheel of every car though, whether JV is installed or not.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
When the 'phone rings you press that button to answer.

It mutes the spund system.

If you press and hold it might take you to the 'phone screen on the centre display.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, so it seems like my car is behaving normally but it just doesn't have JaguarVoice. Does anyone know if it is possible to retro-fit JV and if so any idea on cost.
I did try holding it for a while and nothing happened however if I hold the 'Source' button of a couple of seconds that does bring up the phone page on the screen (as it says in the manual), it seems to me that this function would have been more intuitive on the phone button.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Oh yeah, I forgot, it is the "source button that does that. Hardly ever use it myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.