Wheel refurb

Jades

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Make mental note - need to buy tyre shine to blacken tyres to show off new alloys, growlers removed and re positioned pointing towards valve stems ;)
Which bit points towards the valve stems? The bottom or the top? Think mine are all in random positions.

I was pricing up a new Passat Estate the other day (Dad currently drives a 66-Reg one) out of curiosity and one of the options is to fit Dynamic Centre Caps to the wheels, for £110. "The Dynamic Volkswagen Hub Caps cover the centre of the alloy wheel and pop in and out when the wheel needs to be removed or replaced. The self-levelling function of the centre caps allow the Volkswagen badge to stand freely within the item, meaning that the roundel is always the correct way up, no matter the speed of the car or the position of the wheel."

#FWP

Axat101

Reaction score
Very nice looking indeed. Bravo.

Being a boy racer at heart I also love the blue brake calipers. Did you paint them or are they an original option?

JimC64

Reaction score
Which bit points towards the valve stems? The bottom or the top? Think mine are all in random positions.

I was pricing up a new Passat Estate the other day (Dad currently drives a 66-Reg one) out of curiosity and one of the options is to fit Dynamic Centre Caps to the wheels, for £110. "The Dynamic Volkswagen Hub Caps cover the centre of the alloy wheel and pop in and out when the wheel needs to be removed or replaced. The self-levelling function of the centre caps allow the Volkswagen badge to stand freely within the item, meaning that the roundel is always the correct way up, no matter the speed of the car or the position of the wheel."

#FWP
Hey Jades, see a couple of pics here, may help
The Growlers chin points towards the valve stems, it's a Jag thing and more than a few do it.

Re the self levelling centre caps, fab idea, as per the Rolls Royce. Quite expensive I think, but certainly very cool and should be on the Jag

Jim

Euan Tausney

Reaction score
I have seen aftermarket self levelling growler caps for Jaguar, & illuminated growler grille badges, cant vouch for the quality though!

Paul in NE

Reaction score
Thats me skint now! Remap, bust rear spring & now alloys, just a few quid left to do her undersides when it warms up, this stuff has been playing on my mind:unsure::unsure: www.lanoguard.co.uk Anyone tried it?
Hi Euan,
Haven't tried 'lanoguard' and I think the 'Rustbuster' company do something similarly lanolin based but I have used and would reccommend Bilt Hamber products.

Euan Tausney

Reaction score
This lanolin based stuff looks amazing, Landie guys swear by it! my undersides have a coating of Dinitrol, but its messy to touch up, this lanaguard stuff is very easy to spray on & is clear, which MOTers prefer.

JimC64

Reaction score
This lanolin based stuff looks amazing, Landie guys swear by it! my undersides have a coating of Dinitrol, but its messy to touch up, this lanaguard stuff is very easy to spray on & is clear, which MOTers prefer.
Euan, I've looked at it and looked at it and looked again for months myself now. I wish I'd bought it instead of the underbody seal I used on the X type, but that was already done.
I am considering it myself for the XJ and may even just give the X type a quick going over again too, looks really good

Jim

Euan Tausney

Reaction score
Euan, I've looked at it and looked at it and looked again for months myself now. I wish I'd bought it instead of the underbody seal I used on the X type, but that was already done.
I am considering it myself for the XJ and may even just give the X type a quick going over again too, looks really good

Jim
I’m like you Jim, I have researched just Lanolin, who knew it had these rustproofing properties! A funny I saw in a farming forum said “Have you ever seen a rusty sheep!”😂😂