Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the brackets top and bottom that hold the anti roll bar bushes on the rear of car??
they are damaged and im feel really upset that i might have ruined the car
:(

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
really!!!! ah fantastic it didnt look like they where a seperate part
anyone else have further info maybe part numbers or proper description
thank you :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
does anyone know if you can download a parts diagrams file anywhere i really want to get these parts ordered up

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Isn't the top bracket part of the subframe?
How have you damaged that?

If you've sheared the bolts off in the welded retaining nuts on the top part (that's part of the subframe), drill through with a 6mm drill bit, you'll obviously ruin the thread in the nut part, so fit a slightly longer M6 bolt and a nylon lock nut to hold it all together.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
I'm trying to remember what the top part looks like.....(nips out to car park)

The top brackets are U shaped channels with the nuts welded inside the channels.
Can't you get someone to weld a new U shaped channel over the exsisting ones, then grind the welded nuts off inside and weld a small plate inside the channels.
This would leave you with two U shaped protrusions (a blank canvas)

Line up the bush and bottom retainer, mark up where the holes need to be and drill through, and nut and bolt it all up.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just spoke to a time served welder (not the 1st guy)!! he has been welding for 45 years who says its no problem so hopefully he can sort it out :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.