Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
XF S 3.0D V6 18MY Italian Racing Red
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So which colour combo suits the XF X260 the best?

Sure, it's a subjective question... but what are peoples preferences?

Asking for a friend. :)

·
Super Moderator
6,472 Posts
There aren't many choices these days - a sign of sheep-like behaviour making it pointless offering much choice?

I'm bored of seeing black, white and grey cars, so if I was specing new, it would be between Firenze red, Bluefire blue or Silicon silver, all of which show of the lines better than the really dark colours, but I would have to see them in the flesh. XFs are a very rare sight here so I can't really remember seeing one and if I did, it was probably black or white. Not sure I like the chromeless ones either.

·
Premium Member
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
There aren't many choices these days - a sign of sheep-like behaviour making it pointless offering much choice?

I'm bored of seeing black, white and grey cars, so if I was specing new, it would be between Firenze red, Bluefire blue or Silicon silver, all of which show of the lines better than the really dark colours, but I would have to see them in the flesh. XFs are a very rare sight here so I can't really remember seeing one and if I did, it was probably black or white. Not sure I like the chromeless ones either.
Yep. I tend to agree with you, on the black particularly. Not to take anything away from anyone with a black one. They look great in any colour really.

Reactions: taffyhornblower

·
Registered
1,611 Posts

I spent years and years constantly moaning about monochrome cars and my hatred for them and their boring owners, then in Dec 2017 had to own up to Mrs. PetA that I'd been to look at a grey XF..

The polite version of her lengthy profane riddled response is that she called me a hypocrite... :D

·
Premium Member
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I spent years and years constantly moaning about monochrome cars and my hatred for them and their boring owners, then in Dec 2017 had to own up to Mrs. PetA that I'd been to look at a grey XF..

The polite version of her lengthy profane riddled response is that she called me a hypocrite... :D
I do quite like the various greys/silvers that Jaguar have in the X260 paintshop.

·
Super Moderator
6,472 Posts
If buying used, we have to make compromises if a really good example crops up. I ended up with a white XKR :eek: The other cars in the household were all bought new so we could choose exactly what we wanted.

Most colours available these days are OK, but the motoring landscape is so "understated", striking colours are just nicer to own.

Reactions: MarkFY and PetA

·
Premium Member
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If buying used, we have to make compromises if a really good example crops up. I ended up with a white XKR :eek: The other cars in the household were all bought new so we could choose exactly what we wanted.

Most colours available these days are OK, but the motoring landscape is so "understated", striking colours are just nicer to own.
Striking colours also help you stand out from the crowd when you're at a Jaguar car event 😂

• Helpful
Reactions: mamaUBI

·
Super Moderator
6,472 Posts
Striking colours also help you stand out from the crowd when you're at a Jaguar car event 😂
"Follow the black car" does have some drawbacks ... :)

·
Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
12,718 Posts
Light (Ivory, pref.) interior. Definitely not red, oxblood, maroon, burgundy or crimson. And not two-tone.

Fire Engine Red or Nice Blue exterior. Possibly white or light grey, but only if desperate.

Not Black, Dark Grey or Silver.

·
Premium Member
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Light (Ivory, pref.) interior. Definitely not red, oxblood, maroon, burgundy or crimson. And not two-tone.

Fire Engine Red or Nice Blue exterior. Possibly white or light grey, but only if desperate.

Not Black, Dark Grey or Silver.
Not cranberry then? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: mac_doctor and PetA

·
Premium Member
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I’m on the ninth jag and by no coincidence all are red/burgundy with light interior. Xj8/ xj6 Xtype s type and finally a Xf . Wife won’t have any other colour.
What's her favourite wine?

Reactions: mac_doctor

·
Premium Member
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
5,237 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice collection of Jags there... yep, even though I am red/green colour blind, I can see they are red.

·
Premium Member
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
As far as I can tell only two are one the road, the Xf and the one ending snc . The last x type caught fire in the engine bay and ended up in Trent’s at Poole.
I hope that had nothing to do with the colour.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts