Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so im a newbie to jaguar ownership,ive had everything go wrong on me in the year ive owned one:/ latest is a hole which i thought was the radiator but now im confused as it could be the aircon cooler or something like.So i have the bonnet open and all the bits holding in the raditor!! Removed.if your looking at the cooling system the very front is whats has a good stream of water leaking from it.Is that the radiator?

· Registered
1,317 Posts
As mark says the one at the back is the coolant radiator, the very front one is the A\C condensor.

· Registered
357 Posts
Ok so I've pulled the car apart for something that I can't fix by the looks of it:/ it's the front ac that's pissing water out.
You are in Leeds?

Pop round to see Mark Burton, Bertieboy9 on this Forum, he is a living legend when it comes to x-types.

He is on Shannon Road. Take Jaffa Cakes, the kettle is always on.....

· Registered
7,903 Posts
The A/C rad / condenser will contain gas and a bit of green dye
as there is water coming through it it must be from the front of the cooling rad
you need to separate the two rads and inspect the cooling rad

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
great,i wasnt looking forwards to dealing with an ac condensor with my limited skills so far.Im at the stage where ive freed everything hoses,plugs,bolts so now i just have to separate the two units to get to the radiator and hopefully that will be the problem🤞

· Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Before you remove the air con condensor you will have to get the air con refrigerant recovered unless you know it to be empty.

Roger

· Registered
5,836 Posts
Anyone know of a wreckers yard for jag parts in leeds?or know where i can buy a radiator from preferably tomorrow?
As posted above:
Pop round to see Mark Burton, Bertieboy9 on this Forum, he is a living legend when it comes to x-types.
He is on Shannon Road. Take Jaffa Cakes, the kettle is always on.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.