Who are you and what do you drive ?

r04drunner1

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Hi my name is Richard and I'm hailing from sunny Sunderland, I'm a mechanic at neuron who deal with electric scooters.
I have a 2004 jag x-type 2.0 diesel sport in grey it is my first jag but I like them alot so it will now be my car of choice for the future
Welcome Richard. My first Jaguar was an X-Type. It obviously made a favourable impression on me, as I'm now on my sixth Jaguar! Enjoy your car.

Reaction score
Hi roadrunner, I have been enjoying it although I have so far done a hell of alot of work on the car and I still have a fair amount of work yet to do.
I have been wondering if its worth getting a second hand engine and rebuilding it to replace the unit already in the car atm as there are some errant oil leaks and at least one of the 3 injectors need replacing (already done 1 of the injectors)
Also I would like to see about some styling and performance mods but atm im not really getting very far with research

Shasbat (Alan)

Reaction score
Thank you Northeastxtype, I absolutely love it! She is my first XJ, previously had a 2004 S type and before that a 2005 X type. I was very impressed with both of them but this is a different league.
Someone on here described the XJ as waftalicious and they’re spot on.

stepan001

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Štěpán and thank you for accepting it on the forum. I have xj 2014 Portfolio and I'm from Czech Republic.

Attachments

• jag3.jpg
    jag3.jpg
    779.5 KB · Views: 5

RWD3M

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Štěpán and thank you for accepting it on the forum. I have xj 2014 Portfolio and I'm from Czech Republic.
Hello and welcome!

That's a great car!

There is a wealth of knowledge and experience here, so join in, and don't forget the pics!

S pozdravem (?)

r04drunner1

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Hi roadrunner, I have been enjoying it although I have so far done a hell of alot of work on the car and I still have a fair amount of work yet to do.
I have been wondering if its worth getting a second hand engine and rebuilding it to replace the unit already in the car atm as there are some errant oil leaks and at least one of the 3 injectors need replacing (already done 1 of the injectors)
Also I would like to see about some styling and performance mods but atm im not really getting very far with research
The X-Type is indeed a labour of love!

I didn't do anything to enhance my X-Type but I know there's plenty that can be done to customise your car. A friend in the JCI (Jaguar Club Ireland) has a cracking X-Type, with various customisations not least some particularly shiny rims. His car looks awesome. Should be stuff on fleabay / Google search that you can use.

I can say that Tony Dalton is very good on remaps for Jaguars if that is something you want to consider. Works across the country and has dealers in other parts as well.

Tony Dalton on Facebook

Wild Goose

Reaction score
Gosh, does no one drive F Types? No offense guys (and girls of course), but my idea of a great day is to put the top down on my F Type S and rip up the back roads. Previous sports cars were Nissan 240SX, Honda S 2000 and Porsche 911 C4S. Just can't get into sedans, estates or SUVs.

Jager

Reaction score
I’m Chris - my car is a 2005 X type graphite grey metallic 2.5 petrol automatic AWD. I call him Jeremy- he’ll soon be old enough to be a classic car. People tell me to get rid but I love that car. Previously owned Volvo and Peugeot estates for working dog shows. I’m a retired adult educator and behaviour modifier.

Nigel67

Reaction score
Hi, I’m Nigel. My current car is an XF 3L diesel 2010.
My previous car was a 2.1L petrol X type, loved it but cost of keeping it running was getting a bit steep. I used to do most of my own maintenance and repairs but age, back and hip issues have put an end of me crawling around on a frozen floor in the wet.