Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As mentioned in my previous post we've just got back from a few days touring Anglesey and Snowdonia. A trip of around 600 miles. This was to see how my wife coped with some long days in the car. She's not the best traveller but wants to go to Scotland next year because she's never been and I suggested doing the nc500 but she was concerned that she wouldn't cope. She enjoyed every minute and never suffered any discomfort at all. So now have to start planning next years trip. I'll be driving down to the le mans classic next July so will give the car another good run.

· Premium Member
11,060 Posts
Sounds good Barry. They are the hardest to please at the best of times:-D

Roger

· Registered
2,042 Posts
Long journeys are never a chore in an XJ , I never want to get out at the other end :-D

Sheepskin coat on , Havana cigar , Wife with the heated head scarf on , stick it in Waftomatic and off you go Barry !

However , as per your post regarding dipped beam lighting , night driving isn't the best - M6 Toll fully lit is fine though :mrgreen:

· Premium Member
6,570 Posts
Long journeys are never a chore in an XJ , I never want to get out at the other end :-D

Sheepskin coat on , Havana cigar , Wife with the heated head scarf on , stick it in Waftomatic and off you go Barry !
:mrgreen:
Like it, like it, like it.

I enjoy going to work never mind coming home, something that can only be induced by selecting Waftomatic in an XJ :-D

· Registered
2,042 Posts
I was only discussing the timeless ride of the X308 / X350 / X358 earlier today with a fellow Jaguar enthusiast.

It is genuinely so very different to any other vehicle on the road , but what exactly is it that sets it apart from other cars ?

Apart from the sublime and outstanding driving experience , I just love looking down that long bonnet ..... :)

· Registered
1,475 Posts
I've just done the NC500 in an XJ. Have a watch!
https://youtu.be/Onf8w5Xub-g

www.youtube.com/c/MovesLikeJaguar

· Banned
7,619 Posts
I think what sets it apart is its unique place in British Culture , its DNA can be traced back 50 years and in every British Town
someone of distinction owned one , a local Businessman , a Lawyer , a Farmer , people who were part of our childhood , people
who we aspired to be .
I think them wonderful creations , I think back to all those Jaguars I sat in as a kid whilst the old man bought some more Unipart
Snake Oil for his Triumphs , I think of how I would get down on my knees behind the mk1 Xj and feel the curve of the exhausts as
they emerged from the rear valance . Sometimes when an XJ was replaced by another Series there would be little things I wouldn't
like , the little tacky Jaguar badge on the centre console of the Series 3 was one , some of the crap seventies colours was another .
Things for me reached rock bottom with the XJ40 , people shouted how John Egan had saved Jaguar with this model . for me it was
like meeting an ex girlfriend who had clearly let things slide and become bloated and unattractive , it was embarrassing .
Ford was the saviour of Jaguar , ok some of the fixtures and fittings were below par but there was much that was right too especially
the move to V8 and the later Aluminium Construction of the X350 . Talking to a fellow Jaguar man today , is there a better XJ than the
X350 ? some would no doubt say yes the 308 , but you have to consider the technical advancements of the X350 , I don't think its ever
been bettered , from the 3.0 V6 to the Super V8 I think these are simply heaven for the working man , you owe it to yourself before you
die , to possess Jaguars finest interpretation of an icon in British Motoring

· Premium Member
2016 Autobiography
2,424 Posts
Yep, always loved the shapes of the XJ (well maybe not all...) and I’m not disappointed I went for the x350. Effortless driving.
My friend had sold his “newer” E class the other week, and I took him to Halifax to pick up an XF he had spotted, and he was amazed at how much more comfortable it was, and mines a diesel sport, which on reading threads would be classed as the less comfy version?
A good few hundred mile round trip on the same day, and I wouldn’t say I was tired at all at the end of it.
It’ll be a tough one to beat for my next car...

· Premium Member
17,946 Posts
Love it, love it, love it

That is all

Jim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.