Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all, i've had a hankering for a XK for some years now and i'm looking for something to complement my TVR for winter/wet weather use. Now i'm 6"5 + and big build and struggle in many cars, would I fit in the XK? We have a 350 XJ in the family and thats not too bad. The nearest XK to me is some 50 odd miles so i though here might be a good place to ask before making the journey!

Thanks, Matt

· Registered
797 Posts
Difficult to say. I'm exactly 6' tall, and I'd say I have ample headroom, while the seat isn't as low as possible. The rear view mirror might end up blocking your field of vision somewhat, however. On the other hand, my friend who is about 6'4" tall drove my XK and IIRC he didn't lower the seat from where I had it.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Difficult to say. I'm exactly 6' tall, and I'd say I have ample headroom, while the seat isn't as low as possible. The rear view mirror might end up blocking your field of vision somewhat, however. On the other hand, my friend who is about 6'4" tall drove my XK and IIRC he didn't lower the seat from where I had it.
That sounds promising, do you have the coupe?

· Banned
7,619 Posts
None were available with a sunroof , my advice Matt is to make that journey because its not simply a case of whether you would
fit in it comfortably , its more a case of whether you could live with it day to day , getting in and out , covering some miles in a
relaxing and comfortable environment . Its my guess that you will be ok , get down there and give it a go

· Registered
147 Posts
Evening all, i've had a hankering for a XK for some years now and i'm looking for something to complement my TVR for winter/wet weather use. Now i'm 6"5 + and big build and struggle in many cars, would I fit in the XK? We have a 350 XJ in the family and thats not too bad. The nearest XK to me is some 50 odd miles so i though here might be a good place to ask before making the journey!

Thanks, Matt
I'm 6'2" and have no issues, worth a visit to see. Where are you based? you may find a local member you could visit first to save the long trip.

· Registered
49 Posts
I had the same concerns and bought mine without having sat in one. I’m 6’4 and 19 stone and drove it back from to Cornwall from Edinburgh with no issues. No issues with headroom or comfort. Not many sports cars I can say the same about!

· Registered
1,457 Posts
I'm 6' and find there's not a lot of legroom spare, probably because I like the seat back fairly laid back which doesn't help. There seems to be a system that stops you moving the seat back backwards until it touches the rear seat - at least, if I try to recline the back a bit more when there's still 2" of gap left, the seat goes forwards instead... If you could over-ride that it would help.

· Premium Member
23,854 Posts
6’1 and no problems for me and don’t have the seat all the way back.:mrgreen:

· Registered
153 Posts
6'3" here 190 lbs and I fit very comfortably. Extended rides are fine and I have a bad back. Weight is as important as height IMO. Getting in and out is not as easy as a conventional car as they sit low to the ground. I simply lift my feet and swivel on my arse until my feet are on the ground. Getting in is the reverse.

Once seated though, plenty of head and leg room.

· Registered
155 Posts
I'm 6'4 17st and have no issues

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I finally managed to sit in one yesterday and I fit. Car was a right dog though. Now it's the decision between the 4.2 xk or xkr! Fortunately I'm not in a rush, one must is a model without that pop up aerial, little 80's for me. Apart from the usual auto trader/pistonheads where is good to find one?

· Registered
1,457 Posts
I think that between Autotrader and PH you'll find pretty much every XK for sale. Mine has the aerial; I was surprised when I saw it as it did seem rather a throwback, but you don't know about it when driving and apart from the fact it's a moving part that might go wrong, it doesn't bother me. It certainly wouldn't stop me buying in a car that was right in every other respect. Enjoy your hunt :)

· Premium Member
467 Posts
You don't need to replace the rear spoiler.
Have a look in the "stickies" section.
Best of luck whichever year/model you get, you'll love it !

· Registered
4,346 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.