Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread

I found these on sale here for 300 quid. Will they fit x350?
Is their a profile offset issue?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I wouldn't fit those tyres to my Jag. Here is an excerpt from one of the latest tyre tests:

2022 Tyre Reviews UUHP Summer Tyre Test - 10th of 10 tyres
  • Positive - Low external noise, low purchase price.
  • Negative - Extremely low grip in the wet with long wet braking distances and difficult to control handling, low aquaplaning resistance, low grip in the dry with poor handling.
  • Overall - The Federal Evolution ST-1 has poor grip in every condition, and dangerously long wet braking distances. Not recommended.

·
Super Moderator
6,424 Posts
The fronts will probably fit. ET49 on both XK X150 and XJ X350?? Just need the correct sized tyre.
The rears might but you need to check the offsets. XK rear offsets vary with model, so need to be checked more carefully.

Reactions: mbd424

·
Registered
310 Posts
I think, even if they fit, having wider tread on the rear of an XJ will look, well, wrong. Plus, you lose the ability to rotate front to back.

Reactions: Neilr

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wouldn't fit those tyres to my Jag. Here is an excerpt from one of the latest tyre tests:

2022 Tyre Reviews UUHP Summer Tyre Test - 10th of 10 tyres
  • Positive - Low external noise, low purchase price.
  • Negative - Extremely low grip in the wet with long wet braking distances and difficult to control handling, low aquaplaning resistance, low grip in the dry with poor handling.
  • Overall - The Federal Evolution ST-1 has poor grip in every condition, and dangerously long wet braking distances. Not recommended.
I am only interested in the alloys not the tyres.
Will the xk 2011 artura alloys fit 2005 x350.

If the offset of the reats are ok then ill buy 4 new identical tyres.

Ill check it out.

thanks

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
  • Helpful
Reactions: Sailor

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to all.
If i decide to go for them ill first visit seller and measure up. Also want to see condition....
Might wait for some 20s....

·
Registered
310 Posts
Re: Might wait for some 20's...

Ah, 20" rims with low profile tires... Look great. No sidewall. Rougher ride. Hit a pothole and get a sidewall bubble. I live with 20's on my XK, and while they look great, I long for some sidewall.

My X358 had 19's, and I actually thought of looking for 18's to improve the ride.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Might wait for some 20's...

Ah, 20" rims with low profile tires... Look great. No sidewall. Rougher ride. Hit a pothole and get a sidewall bubble. I live with 20's on my XK, and while they look great, I long for some sidewall.

My X358 had 19's, and I actually thought of looking for 18's to improve the ride.
Thanks for the imput....
I am weighing up all the options.
Nothing decidid...

·
Super Moderator
6,424 Posts
Rear wheels for the 5.0 XKs will probably have 46 mm offsets so should work. However, the staggered sizes will really need a wider rear tyre to look right and the rear wheel is usually more dished which on an XK does look right. You will need to decide if it looks acceptable on an XJ.

The other thing to keep in mind is that you can't rotate wheels and a full size spare is only correct for one axle. Uniform wheel size front and back is probably the better option.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rear wheels for the 5.0 XKs will probably have 46 mm offsets so should work. However, the staggered sizes will really need a wider rear tyre to look right and the rear wheel is usually more dished which on an XK does look right. You will need to decide if it looks acceptable on an XJ.

The other thing to keep in mind is that you can't rotate wheels and a full size spare is only correct for one axle. Uniform wheel size front and back is probably the better option.
thanks
ive decided not to buy them,,,,.

Reactions: Neilr

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
I have staggered and square set ups for my X350, like em both

Reactions: mbd424
1 - 13 of 13 Posts