Window washer fluids

PetA

Reaction score
Sudden thought Mick, it is a saloon and not a sportbrake you have isn't it?

Reason being is that it's different connectors in the two..

JimboV8

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
By installing the break you’ve at least safeguarded that box.(y)

idrobbo

Reaction score
I have just taken the pump out and the plug and wires are wet, the water is getting right up. Which plug should I be pulling to check for the water ingress
Could that have happened when you pulled the pump out?

Mick616

Reaction score
Hi yes its the saloon I have. Sorry for late replies the tinternet is down. The join is dry thankfully. That pump from Amazon should be here today so hopefully it fits. But bugger me its snowing quite a bit at the mo.

Mick616

Reaction score
pump from amazon fits, I popped it on earlier but taken it off again. will fit it properly tomorrow as it was dark and frozen up when it got here, I did fill the bottle with just water to see it it leaked out overnight, didnt want to waste another load of screen wash, but as its freezing I let the water go again so I didn't end up with a block of ice in there.
hopefully this will sort it. see what happens. thanks for all your help and input chaps.
cheers,

sportbrake_phil

Reaction score
That's great news, cheap replacement pumps ( that should be decent quality too ) will be handy for any XF owner that need them :)

Mick616

Reaction score
yes, it really feels solid and well built Phil, hope its lasts. may just cancel the other one I ordered from the jag parts place.

sportbrake_phil

Reaction score
Yeah I think you'll find the jaguar one has a "fico transpar" written on the top just like febi - as far as I understand they make the pump mechanisms, and febi make ( or have made elsewhere) the plastics for specific models of car. I'm guessing jaguar probably order them from febi if ford do, given that they were owned by ford around the time the S-type and then XF were launched, it'd make sense just to use a ford part / order from the same place with you're own part number on. I wouldn't be that surprised if the ones in the S-type still have a ford part number on them, as it was pretty much the successor of the ford scorpio.