Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My plastic jet that's mounted on the wiper is crumbling and prefers to wash pedestrians rather than the glass.

Anybody every replaced them? Or adjusted them - there may be a nylon bolt inside???

(Don't really want to make a trip to the Edinburgh dealership just for this - they've moved further away!)

· Registered
154 Posts
Might need to get a whole new wiper arm - they’re not too expensive - one of mine is showing bubbling under the paint so will be replacing it soon.

Check out part numbers C2P1265 & C2P1267 (left and right hand side respectively) - though these are for my 2008, would be best to check your VIN in case they’re different.

SNG Barratt is where I shall be buying from.

Thanks
Alex

· Registered
4,346 Posts
As above, they're integrated into the arms and as far as I know they're not replaceable themselves. They're under £40 each though including VAT and the workshop manual suggests they're not too hard to swap out.

Regarding SNG Barratt, I'm not a fan, personally - I used them a few times and had a fair bit of hassle with them. Rimmer Bros have a better reputation, alternatively see if you can get a salvaged one from Steve at Cotswold Auto Parts, [email protected]. I've used him several times for salvaged parts, he's usually got a good stock and he's very helpful.

· Registered
96 Posts
As you’re on the subject. Pressing the windscreen wash button on mine results in the wipers moving before the wash spray is sent. Mentioned it to Peter Vardy Jag people, but not fixed. Any ideas? My previous XK’s worked fine, spray then delayed wipe.

· Registered
4,346 Posts
Could be that the pump is a bit tired? Maybe a leak somewhere? Can't say I'm surprised the local place never found the issue though. In case it's of interest, I stopped using them a couple of years ago, I know it's a bit of a trek but I've found Pentland Jaguar in Perth to be far better for servicing and repairs etc.

· Administrator
10,099 Posts
As above, they're integrated into the arms and as far as I know they're not replaceable themselves. They're under £40 each though including VAT and the workshop manual suggests they're not too hard to swap out.

Regarding SNG Barratt, I'm not a fan, personally - I used them a few times and had a fair bit of hassle with them. Rimmer Bros have a better reputation, alternatively see if you can get a salvaged one from Steve at Cotswold Auto Parts, [email protected]. I've used him several times for salvaged parts, he's usually got a good stock and he's very helpful.
Totally agree, always had a good service from Rimmer Bros, who have a decent help desk too.

I've used Cotswoldautoparts too after your recommendation, I went to his house to collect parts, very knowledgeable guy and has a ton of XK parts available.

· Registered
96 Posts
Just an update. Got to the stage where virtually no screenwash appeared, and just when the Aberdeenshire snow hit in early December. Had to take it into Peter Vardy and they found one of the headlight washer hoses had disconnected. Woudn’t have been an easy home fix, but all working beautifully now.

· Registered
1,967 Posts
I can vouch for Rimmer Bros. I have been there myself, loads of stock, and uber friendly to boot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.