Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if it's possible to obtain clear/white reflectors for the front and rear wings of an s type? I'm looking to lose the orange, but I'm also trying to a. Retain some reflection as per x100. b. Avoid spraying them body colour.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello again and thanks Jim S-V6 2004. Ebay is not being my friend on this query. Very little hair left and a pointer or two would be more than appreciated. I've got the clear indicators and various bits of chrome lamp surround and all I'm short of are the front and rear bumper reflectors in a clear finish. Can only find amber by the bucketful or red for the Canadian and Mexican market. Frustrated.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found klearz. Bumper reflectors are now out of production and the wing indicators are on their cleatance list. I've submitted a request for further info. They say if there's enough demand....Thanks for the reply.

·
Super Moderator
6,474 Posts
$90 for two little bits of plastic ... right! I'll stick to the orange ones :)

·
Super Moderator
6,474 Posts
Yes, it crops up every so often. I don't actually have a problem with the orange reflectors against the blue paint on mine but the greyed repeater felt like an improvement for a very low cost. Mine is stock apart from the grey side repeaters, an S-Type badge from the later cars, a mesh grill insert and 18" Melbourne wheels which were not available with the series 1 cars, so I'm not the one to listen to about mods :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No. Different to the XK and XKR. There's an article in the latest Jaguar drivers club magazine about de-tangoing an X100. Interesting, change of lens using sticky paper glue and Blue Peter. Different altogether. X200 bumper reflectors,are the same as X350.

·
Super Moderator
6,474 Posts
Further down is a repair kit for headlights that looks ok for $20 though 😊
I got something similar from an Ebay seller somewhere in Europe when one of mine broke. Much better way to fix than the 3" screw drilled into a convenient position option.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.