Wishing Lewis the best this weekend

mac_doctor

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Yup. As I said - if they change the sport, all bets are off.

I don't think being able to set massive records is good for the sport, as all sport is about competition not procession. When any one player/ team is so much better than the rest that they are unreachable, the sport stops being entertaining.

Ian D

Administrator
Staff member
I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Yup. As I said - if they change the sport, all bets are off.

I don't think being able to set massive records is good for the sport, as all sport is about competition not procession. When any one player/ team is so much better than the rest that they are unreachable, the sport stops being entertaining.
You're right it does take away the entertainment if you don't like the team, driver, person that's winning. Happens in all eras though, Red Bull, Ferrari. Even football with Man Utd winning the title for so long and other leagues, we won't mention the SPL though...

mac_doctor

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
You're right it does take away the entertainment if you don't like the team, driver, person that's winning. Happens in all eras though, Red Bull, Ferrari. Even football with Man Utd winning the title for so long and other leagues, we won't mention the SPL though...
Isn't that odd: if "your" team is winning, you don't care how entertaining the sport is. Unfortunately for me I've never really subscribed to this - I would rather watch an entertaining 6-6 City draw than a boring 1-nil. Being a lifelong City supporter doubtless helps, as I am used to losing and finding consolation anywhere I can!

At least some sports (tennis, even the SPL in the years when Rangers aren't plumbing the depths of the lower divisions) have multiple greats at the same time to stave off the boredom. Motor racing often falls into this category - there have been many ages when at least two great drivers faced off against one another; to this end I would love to see Hamilton and Verstappen in the same car.

FlatCap

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Hamilton Vs Vestappen in the same car? at this stage of there relative tenures i would still back LH, he has grown to become a bigger thinker while in the car, Vestappen, while fast at times is still too immature to challenge,this is of course an evolving process.

Ian D

Administrator
Staff member
I Have Donated !
Reaction score
Isn't that odd: if "your" team is winning, you don't care how entertaining the sport is. Unfortunately for me I've never really subscribed to this - I would rather watch an entertaining 6-6 City draw than a boring 1-nil. Being a lifelong City supporter doubtless helps, as I am used to losing and finding consolation anywhere I can!

At least some sports (tennis, even the SPL in the years when Rangers aren't plumbing the depths of the lower divisions) have multiple greats at the same time to stave off the boredom. Motor racing often falls into this category - there have been many ages when at least two great drivers faced off against one another; to this end I would love to see Hamilton and Verstappen in the same car.
I can't see that ever happening though. Hamilton has a few years left and Verstappen is part of the Red Bull machine. You'll have more chance of George Russell taking over from Hamilton or lining up alongside than Verstappen ever would.

Zero123

Reaction score
..........there have been many ages when at least two great drivers faced off against one another; to this end I would love to see Hamilton and Verstappen in the same car.

"Two in the same car" - who gets the steering wheel?......

1605981409230.png