Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm experiencing a loss of power when driving, then it's ok till it happens again. Took it to a reputable garage he did a full diagnostic and there was no indication anything was wrong. He suggested changing to a BP garage for petrol. Not Impressed! I'm at a loss to what I can do apart from going to a main dealer and saying goodbye to a lot of money. Any suggestions please.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Common problem for cars from this era as they age. I have the same "X" just a 2002 and been there and done that. Start with some general maintenance with respect to fuel mixture and breathing. That being said, have your Throttle Body serviced and cleaned and/or opt for a Terra-Cleaning service. Also, if you are using any kind of fuel additive discontinue use of it and just use premium gasoline. Afterwards, note if the symptoms have abated. Then the next phase is to have the Mass Air Flow and Knock Sensors look at and if required replaced.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
TerraClean Engine Carbonize

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.