Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys
Drove my car Friday, no problems. Came out this morning and all i got was clicking. All lights on the dash came on, and the radio came on.
Turned the key, loud clicking and dash lights flickering. Also, red alarm light flashing. I am also able to move the gear lever from P to N. Read about loads of possible causes, but i think mine is too many short journeys. I am now charging the battery overnight and will see how it goes tomorrow.
I have also changed the battery in key fob. Is there anything i should do or look out for after i put the battery back in?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Lee

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
It's a flat battery.
Get it charged then check your alternator and charging circuit is working correctly.

·
Premium Member
11,060 Posts
You will need to charge it for about 16 hours, not on fast charge though. Then follow the previous suggestions.

Roger

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies guys.
So recharged the battery overnight. Put it back on the car and it started straight away.
Now i have the yellow engine light on and it stays on. Is there something i have do to make it turn off?

Many thanks
Lee

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Mine did the same after a flat battery, It brought up a can comm code, cleared it no dramas since. It was most likely due to the non start condition and low voltage when it was trying to turn over.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.