Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The spindle in the rear glass has sized up. I have almost got the wiper motor of, it is hanging by the rear glass catch and I cannot get it to let go. The switch for the rear glass does not work, the printed circuit strip looks OK.

What do I do?

No doubt there is good info in the knowledge database on the forum, buggered if I know how to find any of it for the past month or so

·
Registered
287 Posts
Not sure if I understand correctly but if your spindle has seized then you don't need to remove the motor. I'm not sure how you'd get the spindle out without opening the glass though :/

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cannot open the rear glass, although it should be possible to program the fob to do that

Also I have seen in the past good info about the rear glass switch on the forum

Unfortunately since we had this new forum hardly any of the 'How To' links work. The one about the switch defaults to a USA government page saying the website has been taken down.

As much as I appreciate the moderators trying their best to get things working this area is taking a very long time to fix

·
Registered
3,580 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I read that thread. I will give a a go tomorrow. Just spent 1/2 a day trying to get the spindle from the boot lid inside and failed, all now reassembled. Then tried to get the drivers door trim off to fix a non working speaker, felt like I was doing more harm than good, gave up on that before a broke something I could not fix.

Thanks for that tip I have down loaded it, cannot risk the forum loosing that as well. Thanks for spending time looking for it, I hope the admin can get things working normally soon, after all it is summer (almost) and it is the only time when most of us can do this sort of thing

Greg

·
Registered
217 Posts
tailgate

there is plenty of info regarding opening the tailgate with an inop' switch to access to the spindle. I hate this new forum!!!!! Can't find nothing and it has taken ages to work out how to reply to a thread!!! Still enjoying the car though.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Agreed. This is the only forum I have ever donated to and then they updated it and broke everything. They should have rolled it back immediately until they could find a solution to the issues presented by the update but no one seems interested. It would be a lot better if they could just acknowledge they're working on the problem. This WAS one of the best Jag resources on the Internet and it could be again. It's a real shame that this has gone on so long :(

·
Registered
217 Posts
Gercher i am having problems replying to threads, ( can't reply to your message normal way). This has just come good again, the access to the g.e.m.s is thru the panels below the steering wheel, they are easy to drop down, then it's a fiddlle to pull and reset the connectors on the front of the gems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.