Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of mirrors from a face lift x type the indicator type which i wanted to use on my 05 to upgrade.Problem is the face lift ones are memory and my original ones are none memory power fold.My question is if any one can help could i take the guts out of both and basically swap things over the indicator is not a problem i will just run a feed from my side indicators.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Further to above the reason i asked this is someone sugested selling these and getting the right ones for my car ie the power fold type but this is easier said than done these face lift mirrors are really hard to come by.

·
Administrator
9,762 Posts
The question you're asking, I bet no one has ever done this before, so you'll probably find no one replies and you'll have to make yourself the guinea pig in this modification to your car.

Why don't you just remove the one mirror off your car and make matches with the new one you're upgrading to, if they look very similar, start swapping the parts over.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes i know what you are saying,i will have a go but as anyone any info on striping either of the mirrors face lift one or pre face lift one that may help before i start.As the only thing i know is how to get the back cover off the pre face lift on not even sure how you get the cover off the face lift one.Not a very good start!!!!!

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hi, I'm reading this with interest as I want to put the face lift mirrors with side repeaters on my 55reg Sport, I do not have memory seats and i've made my current door mirrors auto fold as well. I havent looked at a facelift mirror yet to see if ther wiring is much different, I'm hoping the indicator wire is just built in. Would be well smart to make it work and add the Jaguar Winglets badges on the side which cover up the side repeater on the wing.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Oh, you will need to remove the door card to unbolt the mirrors from the car. The plastic door card clips can break as well.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not a problem swapping mirrors if i had the right ones.The face lift ones i have are memory ones but my car is non memory power fold.The plugs on the face lift mirrors are the same although the wires may need moving about and the fittings to mount are the same as i have had them on my car.As for indicators it is just 2 separate wires so could just run feed from side repeaters/indicators to mirror plug.what i was hoping to do was take the guts out of my original power fold ones and swap with the inners on the face lift ones,as i say can not see a big problem if you source the correct mirrors and remember when comparing how many wires on the face lift ones you have the mirror wires + 2 for indicators so if your mirrors had the standard 5 wires so the face lift ones you would want would have the 5 + 2 for the indicator.the problem with my plan is,i have removed glass and cover from my original ones,but i don't know how to get the glass and back cover off the face lift ones to compare the inside,my other option is to sell the memory face lift ones and try to source power fold face lift ones trouble with that is the face lift mirrors are hard to come by but if any one wants to buy my memory ones in black or if someone can source power fold type and they need memory ones we could may be swap just let me know it could be a option or any info on stripping face lift mirrors would be good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.