X Type Headlight

Morgellian

Reaction score
I am after a X Type Headlight. Left or right, not bothered. The condition of the unit can be without lenses or filaments (bulbs to some). Basically the shell and internals, bit worn is okfor an idea. Please drop me a line if you have one kicking about in your man/woman cave.

Cheers

NM_OLD

Reaction score

Morgellian

Reaction score
Hiya,
Nope to both.
I am looking for a way to to operate the beam "clipper" without removing half of my shovel hands. You know that silly lever inside the headlight to save you from buying a headlight converter. Hence just a shell and the light mounting.
Signed, Working from home, even though its only a mile away

Paul in NE

Reaction score
Not sure if I remember correctly but, in the normal position the 'beam clipper' allows a higher angled beam on the left to better illuminate the pavement side in the UK but in the other position it allows a 'flat' cut off so as not to annoy drivers approaching when driving on the right...
The simplest solution, if you can live with it, is to leave the levers in the 'continental' position.
I believe the LED bulbs from Better Lighting Company require them to be set like this then the levers bent back a bit...

NM_OLD

Reaction score
Not sure if I remember correctly but, in the normal position the 'beam clipper' allows a higher angled beam on the left to better illuminate the pavement side in the UK but in the other position it allows a 'flat' cut off so as not to annoy drivers approaching when driving on the right...
The simplest solution, if you can live with it, is to leave the levers in the 'continental' position.
I believe the LED bulbs from Better Lighting Company require them to be set like this then the levers bent back a bit...
or wear gloves when moving it?

rchiv

I Have Donated !
Reaction score
I have a pair of headlight units which you are welcome to FOC. They are my old ones where the adjusters broke but all the internals are still there.
PM me if you are interested.

Roger