Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a glow plug warning light flashing and a red oblong warning light that is on constantly.After realising i had a problem with the turbo actuator arm,which i have now solved which in turn as cleared the glow plug light.Every thing seems fine now fine on tick over no smoke and sounds good etc.The only thing i have now is the red oblong warning light is there any way to clear this with out taking car to garage as a body repair i am on with is not yet finished also car is not legal to take on road yet.Hope some one can give me another option thanks.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
If you have the message centre, it should tell you in that why its on. If not, that red light usually refers to doors/boot/bonnet or serious problems but not sure what. Does your interior lights stay on? Could be a faulty bonnet switch seen as you've been under it.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Could you take a picture of the light and post it here?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello thanks for that but not sure how i get a picture up if i pm you would it be possible to send me your e mail and i will then send you a picture that way.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
You have a message centre, Little LCD panel that displays mpg, miles etc just below the speedo?
That red light is the message centre warning light.
Does your message centre display a message/fault?
There's a long list of faults that RED indicates, from door ajar to abandon vehicle and take cover!

According to the Handbook there should be an associated message displayed on the LCD readout.

The only REDs that do not have an associated message are
Restricted performance
Security failed

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Here's the picture, but it says you have a door open so perhaps it is just that at fault?

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Bit of a give away!! :D I had this problem with a rear door, i found that closing the door a bit harder than usual sorted it out, but for how long who knows.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is what i have done to take the picture i have left door open.When shut light still shows,could it be as simple as a door not shut properly as someone told me the red light means take cover this is what i am worrying over if it could be as simple as a door not locking proper i will not be as worried.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Big lol's!!! Does your car start? That would rule out security failed. Is it running at full performance? That would rule that 1 out as well. Is their a big fire coming out from underneath the fuel tank? Then it would be time to take cover ;)

Personally, i dont think just a red light on its own with no associated warning message could possibly cause an mot fail. Its got to be in the locks. I'm sure there was another thread where a wire got trapped in the boot causing a similar problem you have

Ryan

·
Registered
XF 2012 2.2D Luxury
2,926 Posts
low brake fluid ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.