Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My car has developed a few annoying and unsightly small dents on the sides (doors and wings) where other people have not been as careful as I am when opening their car doors.

They are on both the actual main body work and also on the horizontal plastic door trims.

Any one have any ideas on how best to have them remedied please?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
17,018 Posts
Sorry to hear Arthur, depends on what you want to achieve, how much you want to spend and how much love for the car I suppose?

Assuming they're small dents and the paint isn't damaged PDR ( Paintless Dent Removal ) would probably be the way to go, unless you have a few on one panel ( likely that panel resprayed would be a cheaper option )

Jim

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jim....spoils the whole look of the car....I don't want to spend too much, but at the same time want a decent finish

They are small dents with no paint damage

Any thoughts on how the dents to the colour-coded plastic door trim can be sorted as well please?

·
Premium Member
17,018 Posts
Thanks Jim....spoils the whole look of the car....I don't want to spend too much, but at the same time want a decent finish

They are small dents with no paint damage

Any thoughts on how the dents to the colour-coded plastic door trim can be sorted as well please?
Hi Arthur, any pics to share to show these?

As I mentioned, if there's one dent ( no paint damage on a door ) for example, PDR may fix for around £50 thereabouts, possibly a little more. If there were perhaps 2 or more on the one panel, a respray of that panel would probably be better / cheaper.
A good PDR guy can work miracles.

As for the plastic trim? no ideas I'm afraid

Jim

·
Registered
703 Posts
I believe if the horizontal plastic door trims have nicks/dents you'd be looking at a little filler and paint...

There's a local body shop that charges around £100/120 'per panel' if you're looking for a ballpark figure.

Reactions: Arthur Daley

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Paul....thanks for the advice and price guidance.

JagSe - thanks for the dentmaster link - will take a look at the weekend....but I don't think its something I would want to tackle myself - although youtube videos make it look reasonably easy.

JimC64 - thanks for all the advice...I have a couple of photos - but they are not very good due to reflections - I will try again at the weekend.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Well, I learned summat here: I always assumed the door strips were some flavour of metal! Just been out and pinged ‘em: yep: plazzog.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
I believe if the horizontal plastic door trims have nicks/dents you'd be looking at a little filler and paint...

There's a local body shop that charges around £100/120 'per panel' if you're looking for a ballpark figure.
Would you be able to give us their details please? I managed to damage my car again and it now has a long dent to go with the scrapes. I have someone in mind but I'm trying to get some other quotes in case he's retired or moved.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts