Jaguar Forum banner

X Type Turbo Actuator Arm Circlip

5K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  rchiv 
#1 ·
Good Day,
Could anyone please tell me where i can get some circlips for the Actuator arm, or the part number, or a link
The internet seems awash with them but i can't work out which is actually the right one !
I like to free up the movement on the arm every now and then under normal maintenance or when the slight hesitation @ 2500 rpm re appears :)
One day i am going to lose the damn circlip, so would be handy to have some spares ( almost lost it last week hence the post )

#2 ·
A post on this forum somewhere recommends attaching a length of fine thread (or wire?) to it before you start to take it off. That way you can retrieve it when it flies... ;)

#5 ·
It was me, and it works, i've dropped mine more than once and its stayed on the thread :)

#3 ·
Exact ones aren't available as far as I know which is why we always stress that they are not to be lost.
You could always take yours as a pattern to compare others to.

#4 ·
If you don't lose it first lol

#6 ·
In case anyone does lose theirs i got a packet of 3 clips from Turbo Rebuild Ltd in Lancashire for a few quid, next day delivery as well.:)
Item # 391488616896

#7 ·
Excellent - nice to know they are available from somewhere :)

#8 · (Edited)
I just 'Liked' Garfi's post and was going to reply, and then realised I no longer have a turbo. :roll:
(Still, it's a good post anyway.)

#9 ·
Just to let you know I lost mine today while trying to sort out my funny sound problem. Believe it or not I have used a Safety Pin and a small electric tie to secure the arm as a temporary repair :D

Roger

#10 ·
Just ordered a pack £2.04. Thanks Garfi1970

Roger

#11 ·
A timely post Roger :)

#13 ·
I fitted one when I got home to be sure, be carful chaps they are quite springy, but a nice tight fit.Had the magnet at the ready:)

#15 ·
Ordered on Monday and arrived today. Fitted perfectly :-D

Roger

#17 ·
here you go , Found the supplied with help from google
In case anyone does lose theirs i got a packet of 3 clips from Turbo Rebuild Ltd in Lancashire for a few quid, next day delivery as well.:smile:
Item # 391488616896

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.