X150 Exhaust Tips

Sterillium

Reaction score
At £450 I might as well upgrade the entire back box I guess. Unless a reasonable aftermarket option presents itself.

I’d want both sides doing so I wasn’t left with one brand new exhaust tip and one slightly used looking one.

Sterillium

Reaction score
I guess an alternative question would be to ask where I should look first for an exhaust upgrade, especially if it releases more of the V8 growl...

8bit

Reaction score
XKR back box comes complete with the exit pipe tips, they're not separate parts so there's no official accessory for it, at least as far as I know. The tips were not removable (without cutting anyways) on either of my cars. If you just want to replace the tips with something very similar then any half-decent exhaust shop will be able to supply and fit very similar tips.

If you're looking for an upgraded back box, I had the Elite RR one on my old 4.2 XKR, from www.eapj.com. Sounded amazing, still tempted to get one for my current car. Cost was about £860 I think. That's about the cheapest option before you get into the cheap eBay stuff which may, or may not, be perfectly alright.

Titus

Reaction score
And bear in mind that if you do replace your entire back-box, there is a ready market for S/R XKR back boxes from non-supercharged XK owners like me - they'd probably be willing to buy (for a reduced price) a box with the tailpipes slightly damaged, and be wiling to arrange a repair themselves.

Just bear in mind that although XK and XKR back boxes are directly interchangeable, that's only 4.2 litre-to-4.2 litre, or 5 litre-to-5litre. The design of the entry pipes is different (and unsymmetrical) on 5 litre XK/XKRs, compared with the 4.2 litre XK/XKR back boxes.