Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All I recently bought a 1994 X300 and have been trying to find out what is causing the door locks to cycle three times when I lock the car. It happens if I lock using the fob or by putting the key in the drivers door and turning it. Is there a fault with the door locking mechanism or is this an electrical fault elsewhere.

Any pointers and advice would be welcome.

Thanks Chris

·
Premium Member
23,736 Posts
One of the lock mechanisms will have a sticky micro switch. A squirt of lubricant may help but in the long run you may well to replace it.

·
Premium Member
23,736 Posts
Door cards should be sufficient to gain access. When locking the car have a look to see if any are lazy, that will be the one to start with.

·
Super Moderator
6,468 Posts
Another pointer is a door that is not actually locking or misbehaving in some way.

The microswitch is part of the lock and they are not the easiest to replace. It usually requires a complete lock mechanism.

To remove the lock, you need access to the door interior, the door edge where the lock is attached and you may have to remove the handle or at least linkages - I'm not sure how it is on an XJ but it is fiddly on an S-Type. A failed lock in the locked position is apparently not a lot of fun. Mine at least died unlocked but while on holiday with a car fully loaded :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.