Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've been trying to find a fault code reader to use on my x300. I've tried an OBD 2 which was unable to read anything. Does any one have any experience of using code readers and would an OBD 1 unit work. Also the socket I plugged into is in the drivers side foot well on a RH drive car alongside the centre console is this the right place ? Also if anyone is in the South Suffolk. / Essex / London area and wouldn't mind me driving over to them to clear my fault codes I would be grateful.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts

Hi Chris,
About 4 years ago I bought one of these.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Engine-S...820703&hash=item46621f36f6:g:YmEAAOSwV4BZ0jHb

I've used it on my previous cars and now my 2004 X350.
Although its an engine management OBD 2 reader it actually downloaded my rear wheel no ABS speed sensor fault and also a gearbox fault warning that came up after I accidentally spun a rear wheel pulling out of a side junction. The gearbox warning cancels when the ignition is turned off and on but the fault code stays until deleted.

Tootle Pip.
Supertrev.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.