Jaguar Forum banner

X300 parts availability

977 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Negsy 
#1 ·
Hi Guys, I'm thinking about getting an X300 (or X308) for a daily driver. I've always loved those cars and only now am I in a financial position to actually get one.

However, I'm wondering - is it feasible, as in, are parts available? It's an old car and it's only realistic to expect it'll need stuff like a steering box, shocks, exhaust and so on. Are parts for an X300 still available?

#3 ·
Hi Guys, I'm thinking about getting an X300 (or X308) for a daily driver. I've always loved those cars and only now am I in a financial position to actually get one.

However, I'm wondering - is it feasible, as in, are parts available? It's an old car and it's only realistic to expect it'll need stuff like a steering box, shocks, exhaust and so on. Are parts for an X300 still available?
I have an X300 and generally service parts are widely available. SNG Barrett have a good selection and are also remanufacturing some previously unavailable parts. With that said, mine is off the road because of a split steel fuel pipe which is no longer available and I am so far unable to get one made up. If you are looking to buy an X300 I would say check for corrosion, not just the bodywork but also component parts. Buy the best you can afford. Cheap cars are cheap for a reason.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.