Jaguar Forum banner

X308 parts availability

970 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  mayhem100 
#1 ·
Hi Guys, I'm thinking about getting an X308 (or X300) for a daily driver. I've always loved those cars and only now am I in a financial position to actually get one.

However, I'm wondering - is it feasible, as in, are parts available? It's an old car and it's only realistic to expect it'll need stuff like a steering box, shocks, exhaust and so on. Are parts for an X300 still available?

#3 ·
Parts are generally avaiable, but there are always going to be the odd exception. I had to replace the dual liner switch in my 01 XJR for example, couldn't find a new one, its unique to the supercharged cars of the era and even if I could find a remanufactured one it was a ton of money...found a used entire shifter assembly out of an XKR on ebay that did the trick. But wear & Tear stuff like shocks, filters, steering rack, etc are available new or remanufactured. Some stuff is spendy, some isn't.

Its only 20 years old, thats not all that old for a car really.

I can't speak about the x300s, but I'd imagine its a pretty similar story.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.