Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all new to the forum and first post so bare with me i have just brought a 2000 xjr and proud as punch got a few things i wanna ask i have looked for the info but keep comin up blank how do i know if it has cats suspension and can i fit the brakes calipers off a S-type R straght on with no problems or changing of any other parts also how do i get the wood out ive just purchased all the wood for the inside a little darker than the stuff thats already in it cost me £100 off ebay for the lot my jag dealer wanted £2200 just for the wood so think i got a bargin i asume you just pry it off but wont try unless i have confirmation of this also do they do a haynes manual for them if so were do i find one i can only find them for the x300

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
all the UK XJR8 have CATS. If you look under the bonnet at the top of the struts, you should see some wires coming off if it has CATs (under the cover).

I think the S type and X350 brakes are different. You would need discs as well in any case

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Hi. There was no Haynes maual produced for the X308 XJ series. The door trim can be changed by removing the inside door opener surround (1 screw) then gently pirse the aft end of the wood trim out a bit then slide it aft and it should come away. The ski slope requires more attention and the dismantleing of the J gate surround and central arm rest. I cant quite remember if the wood trim goes all the way around the radio or not, but it's a fair job to remove everything to cange the wood (a mornings work). As for the other trim around the speedos and central vents it should just pull straight out towards you. The glove box I have never tried I'm sorry and a case of trial and error there I'm afraid.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.