Jaguar Forum banner
281 - 300 of 340 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #281 ·
Is that like salad dressing? You must be starving if you are eating Dunlop Calamari in Tress's absence!
Lol hardly Mac

In fact I've been living the life since Tress has been away, unsure if I miss her or not, I'll know better tomorrow when she's back lol

She takes a really good tan, being half Italian I suppose, the sallow skin and all that, so much so that Peter was saying ( he's the same skin type etc ) they were in a shop and some of the staff were speaking to them in Spanish, thinking they were locals lol

Jim

·
Premium Member
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #282 ·
A wee hour there, then off to Halfords, collected the tyre dressing ( in the XF ) and set off, what in gods name?
Dash lit up like a Christmas tree as we say

ASPC not available
ABS fault
Stability control not available
AEB not available
Forward alert not available
Emergency brake assist not available

My immediate thoughts are towards the battery of course, a little over 5 years old, but remember seeing something about the wheel speed sensor, which Ian D confirmed as most likely

A quick call to Dougie to ask a favour and he's got one in stock, may be able to do it tomorrow morning, nice!
Then another wee drive just checking a few other things and BAM, no more dash christmas tree display, self healing XF, maybe??
Anyhow, we'll see

Jim
Lol, deffo too good to be true.

I had to go out a short while ago, decided to take the XF just to check and Christmas has arrived early again.

Looks like I'll be in to see Dougie early doors tomorrow.
That said, I did notice when powering off the interior lights were not on, also on return and opening the door, no interior lights, so possibly battery change time.
Hopefully find out in the morning

Jim

·
Administrator
10,072 Posts
For the interior lights, make sure they’ve been activated. Push centre part of light strip in the roof console for a few seconds and it’ll flash up onto the screen that the interior lights are on auto.
Mine were turned off after a service and it took me a few days to realise they were turned off.

Definate ABS sensor that’s failed by sounds of it, literally 15 minute job. Don’t even need to remove the wheel to swap it out either. Just one bolt and a connector to get at.

·
Premium Member
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #284 ·
Cheers Ian, would've got round to checking that for the lights, her car so who knows?

Front left wheel sensor, Prestige are doing it as we speak can't fault them fitting me in!

Car Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light

Jim

·
Registered
2021 F-Pace P250 SE R-Dynamic, 2004 XK8 Coupe 4.2
3,653 Posts
Is it also possible it may be a loose earth lead somewhere?

·
Premium Member
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #286 ·
Just back from Prestige a wee while ago.

Firstly, here's the dash warnings as they were, Christmas lights everywhere, rolling warnings......

I rocked up to Dougies this morning at 8.30am thereabouts, no real warning other than a few messages last night, nothing agreed, bearing in mind they're booking 2-3 weeks in advance.

Can't fault them, got it on the ramp within about 15 minutes and yes, front wheel speed sensor, would've been fixed in around 45 minutes all in from appearing IF the sensor he had in stock was the right one lol, it was for the rear.
So had to wait on Taggarts coming round with one, all in all about a little under 3 hours, so massive thank you to them for that, and all for the bargain price of £100

Job done, car fixed and home, Tress will be home too in a couple of hours so better remove those dead flies from the bumper lol

Jim

·
Premium Member
Jaguar XJ X351 Portfolio 3.0 V6 D Caviar
3,879 Posts
Problem found and sorted and not too expensive either nicely done Jim and didn't have to have the wind put up Tress either ... jobs a good'un (y)

·
Premium Member
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #288 ·
Coming back into the driveway today, spotted this!!!
Plant Wood Road surface Asphalt Atmospheric phenomenon

How the hell did this massive slug get attached to the drivers door??
Mac, you're the slug expert??

Jim

·
Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
12,693 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
12,693 Posts
That "slug" is a snail
You may have to refer back to my Portfolio thread, where Jim and the tree-botherer had a bit of a giggle misidentifying my pet molluscs.

·
Premium Member
2007 X350 Sovereign 2.7 diesel
6,032 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #293 ·

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
..WTH is it doing on the door??

Jim
If you keep polishing your car to a mirror finish then you can't really blame it for climbing up to get on the "grass" ?

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #297 ·
Tress went out in the XF today.
Never saw the snail attached to lower door lol

Car Window Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood

Must've hit 60mph at least and that little sucker clinging on.....off shopping and comes back and he's moved on up lolol

She sent me this pic with a wtf?? Caption

Jim

·
Premium Member
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #299 ·

·
Premium Member
17,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #300 ·
Post in the Airth Castle meet by Mattia - re XF boot liner

What a fantastic offer made by Mattia on the Airth Castle thread. He'd brought along the fitted boot liner for his previous XF with the intent of gifting it to an XF owner who would use it.

Well, I took him up on his offer, on behalf of Tress and trundled along to his place to collect it earlier this afternoon.

Pre owned? Good as new more like and slotted right into the boot when I got her home, after a quick clean up / tidy up of the boot area of course.

Had a quick poke around his Ipace whilst there, nice looking thing too and very quick, costs the sum total of bugger all to run he says, also a very nice all singing all dancing top of the range VW Camper van, really kitted out too. Then tells me he'd like to add an XJ to the fleet too o_Oo_O

Really appreciate the boot liner, sits nice, as designed in the boot and will save the carpet of course. Another enjoyable wee run out in the XF too and no christmas tree dash lights this time either

Jim

281 - 300 of 340 Posts