Jaguar Forum banner
301 - 320 of 344 Posts

· Premium Member
Jaguar XJ X351 Portfolio 3.0 V6 D Caviar
3,979 Posts
Post in the Airth Castle meet by Mattia - re XF boot liner

What a fantastic offer made by Mattia on the Airth Castle thread. He'd brought along the fitted boot liner for his previous XF with the intent of gifting it to an XF owner who would use it.

Well, I took him up on his offer, on behalf of Tress and trundled along to his place to collect it earlier this afternoon.

Pre owned? Good as new more like and slotted right into the boot when I got her home, after a quick clean up / tidy up of the boot area of course.

Had a quick poke around his Ipace whilst there, nice looking thing too and very quick, costs the sum total of bugger all to run he says, also a very nice all singing all dancing top of the range VW Camper van, really kitted out too. Then tells me he'd like to add an XJ to the fleet too o_Oo_O

Really appreciate the boot liner, sits nice, as designed in the boot and will save the carpet of course. Another enjoyable wee run out in the XF too and no christmas tree dash lights this time either

Jim
Very nice Jim and what a great move by Mattia (y)

Never come across such folks as these Jaguar peeps ... always generous in in so many different ways.

· Registered
2.0D XF R Sport. 2018 240BHP Lots of toys and loving the ride
389 Posts
Very nice Jim and what a great move by Mattia (y)

Never come across such folks as these Jaguar peeps ... always generous in in so many different ways.
Totally agree with Ruby, so if anyone has a spare X351 going for free, let me know 🤣🤣🤣

· Premium Member
3,979 Posts
Totally agree with Ruby, so if anyone has a spare X351 going for free, let me know 🤣🤣🤣
... and if TH doesn't like the colour, I bagsy second dibs :D

· Premium Member
17,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #304 ·
Mrs C today, on her way back from her new job ( nice wee jump up the ladder and a very decent increase too )

Dash showing a TPMS warning, drivers rear under recommended pressure and so she actually went to put air in the tyre AND check the others, I nearly fell down when she told me lol

Problem, the dust caps were on tight, very tight and she couldn't remove (They're not the metal type, but seem heat welded to the thread )

I got a pair of snub nose pliers and loosened them off, slight smear of grease and tightened back up, loosely.

Will be getting a few small tools for the boot at the weekend, pliers, maybe a flat / phillips screw driver etc

Jim

· Premium Member
2017 Autobiography
12,767 Posts
Will be getting a few small tools for the boot at the weekend, pliers, maybe a flat / phillips screw driver etc
Tress's hands not big enough for normal-sized tools?

· Premium Member
17,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #306 ·
Tress's hands not big enough for normal-sized tools?
Lol in a word Chris, no...

Did you see her at Crewe Hall ?

She's 4' 11" or thereabouts lol

Jim

· Premium Member
3,979 Posts
Mrs C today, on her way back from her new job ( nice wee jump up the ladder and a very decent increase too )

Dash showing a TPMS warning, drivers rear under recommended pressure and so she actually went to put air in the tyre AND check the others, I nearly fell down when she told me lol

Problem, the dust caps were on tight, very tight and she couldn't remove (They're not the metal type, but seem heat welded to the thread )

I got a pair of snub nose pliers and loosened them off, slight smear of grease and tightened back up, loosely.

Jim
good idea to have a few useful tools in the car, never know when they will come in handy, and what great news of your good lady then, that's marvellous and a nice little feather in her cap ... big congratulations on her promotion

Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Wheel

• Love
Reactions: Ashanti and JimC64

· Premium Member
17,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #308 ·
good idea to have a few useful tools in the car, never know when they will come in handy, and what great news of your good lady then, that's marvellous and a nice little feather in her cap ... big congratulations on her promotion

View attachment 56172
Lol nice one Gina, that's cracking!

She's made up, really pleased for her.

Jim

· Premium Member
17,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #309 ·
That time of year to break out the ole Gummi Pflege and give all the door seals / rubbers etc a good treatment, which I did, after treating the XJ to the same.

Not been the best day up here today, rain, a little sunny dry spell, more rain, dry etc, so no cars were washed.

Over and above that, an annoying little feature that was on the passenger side front interior door pillar ( black interior ) and there were a couple of scratches / lines.
Almost like something sharp, knife or similar had created them, leaving two whitish lines, which have always caught my eye, so....

Quick fix.

I looked out the black marker pen and carefully filled in these two lines and a great result, disappeared totally.

Unless you knew they were there beforehand and intently looked at that spot, you'd never notice them....result.

After reading through, and being involved in XJimmy's XJ thread, I looked at the rear and considering replacing the Jaguar / Leaper / XF badges in black, still not convinced, so we'll see.
Although that said I think it's something that Peter has earmarked for the XE

Jim

· Registered
389 Posts
Hi Jim

One thing I have never thought about is treating the rubber seals. Any particular make for the Gummi Pflege?

Had a quick look and some mixed reviews from excellent to drying out and all chalky

· Premium Member
17,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #311 ·
Hi Jim

One thing I have never thought about is treating the rubber seals. Any particular make for the Gummi Pflege?

Had a quick look and some mixed reviews from excellent to drying out and all chalky
Hey Taffy, I use Nextzett Gummi Pflege on mine and works well, just does what it says it does really with no issues, can't comment on the others I'm afraid as I've never used them

Very quick n easy to do, see below

Hope it helps
Jim

· Registered
389 Posts
Hey Taffy, I use Nextzett Gummi Pflege on mine and works well, just does what it says it does really with no issues, can't comment on the others I'm afraid as I've never used them

Very quick n easy to do, see below

Hope it helps
Jim
Thanks Jim

2 bottles on order, arriving tomorrow and will do mine and the daughters car too. (y)

· Premium Member
17,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #313 ·
Thanks Jim

2 bottles on order, arriving tomorrow and will do mine and the daughters car too. (y)
Lol that sounds similar Taffy

I also ordered 2 bottles and still on my first ( oh well )

A little goes quite a long way

Jim

· Registered
428 Posts
That time of year to break out the ole Gummi Pflege and give all the door seals / rubbers etc a good treatment, which I did, after treating the XJ to the same.

Not been the best day up here today, rain, a little sunny dry spell, more rain, dry etc, so no cars were washed.

Over and above that, an annoying little feature that was on the passenger side front interior door pillar ( black interior ) and there were a couple of scratches / lines.
Almost like something sharp, knife or similar had created them, leaving two whitish lines, which have always caught my eye, so....

Quick fix.

I looked out the black marker pen and carefully filled in these two lines and a great result, disappeared totally.

Unless you knew they were there beforehand and intently looked at that spot, you'd never notice them....result.

After reading through, and being involved in XJimmy's XJ thread, I looked at the rear and considering replacing the Jaguar / Leaper / XF badges in black, still not convinced, so we'll see.

Jim
I forgot I’ve bought in August, so this just reminded me to check my purchase history. Apparently I have this Liqui Moly 7182 Rubber Care 75 ml Liqui Moly 7182 Rubber Care 75 ml : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive somewhere.

· Premium Member
17,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #315 ·

· Premium Member
17,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #317 ·
Gummi phledge is good stuff. The foam applicator stuck to the bottle is nice.
Now using Autoglym Vinyl and rubber care since I got that in a kit. Much bigger bottle, seems very similar.
Yep, have that too, one of my go to products

Jim

· Premium Member
3,979 Posts
Gummi phledge is good stuff. The foam applicator stuck to the bottle is nice.
Now using Autoglym Vinyl and rubber care since I got that in a kit. Much bigger bottle, seems very similar.
Thanks to Jim, I have both products too and work perfectly well for me.

I use the GP on door seals and AG R&V on engine bay as a finishing product after a clean with AG E&M cleaner

Liquid Fluid Gas Font Packaging and labeling
Liquid Fluid Bottle Gas Font

Reactions: JimC64

· Premium Member
3,979 Posts

Quick fix.

Jim
At it again then Jim, busy, busy with the TLC on the Big Cats and good idea about the 'magic marker', and ever helpful to fellow members with invaluable tips. I think most of my file on 'Forum Tips' is down to your sage advice (y):giggle:

Now that would be interesting if you change your badges to black, although I don't think I would be surprised about Peter's XE as being new and with a RED RACY feel to it, he is probably still very much in the mood for change and modification :unsure:

· Registered
2006 X-type Estate Sport
679 Posts
At it again then Jim, busy, busy with the TLC on the Big Cats and good idea about the 'magic marker', and ever helpful to fellow members with invaluable tips. I think most of my file on 'Forum Tips' is down to your sage advice (y):giggle:
Yep all the tips I can get are most welcome when you have an old lady..... The car.

• Haha
Reactions: JimC64 and Ruby351
301 - 320 of 344 Posts