Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently took my 2010 XFR in to the shop to find a coolant leak and have it repaired. After inspection the leak was found behind and under the supercharger and it was decided that dropping the engine would be the easiest way to get to the broken coolant rail and replace it. That was the easy chapter of this post. Once the engine and trans were out of the car the shop noticed that the driveshaft flexible coupling disk was badly damaged and starting to disintegrate (see attached photos). "No big deal" just replace it I said. The problem is you cannot buy just the rubber flexible coupling disk as a separate part. As a side note.... I think the XFR with the 5.0 Supercharged engine uses a different part than the 4.2L XF. The dealership and multiple parts sources did not have the part or would not sell the part by itself either new or used. They require you to buy an entire driveshaft assembly which can cost roughly $1400-$1800. I could not find the part online at ebay or at several other parts sites in the United States. I was ready to give up but decided to have the shop send me photos of the old part and I got a part # off the photo. I then searched again. I found it on a parts site in Australia (http://www.upa-online.com.au/ )....but not a Jaguar parts site. It turns out Holman (General Motors of Australia) made a 6.0 liter car model named a "Commodore SS" that uses the same Driveshaft Flexible Coupling Disk. The part # is GRA 003110. I ordered it ($50 US) and had it expressed shipped to California ($57 US). It arrived a week later and it fit perfectly. I now have my XFR back with no coolant leak and a replaced driveshaft flexible coupling disk.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
This flexible coupling is a part often overlooked with RWD cars , it has quite a hard life.

When this is near the end of its life there is often no indicator , just a bit of a clunk when taking up the drive.

There are a few different sizes but not that many , all 6 bolt and you just need the correct pcd to fit.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Well done with your research. Even with shipping you saved a wad of cash. Internet does have some good points :-D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.